Thread: 2005 Colorado Scanning Issue

2005 Colorado Scanning Issue

I was planning to scan my 2005 Colorado today for the first time in almost 6 months. Hooked up scanner to truck and connected scanner, and the only thing working in the Histogram display is Main Spark--Timing Advance. Everything else says "Histogram not supported with current loaded parameters" ???
    I have always used the Default Config that automatically loads when I connect---never had to load anything or add custom pids---everything was always there and always worked. What is going on????
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you updated software you will have to go in and fix your channels, custom pids, and histogram layouts.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I have never encountered this problem before. Every time I have ever scanned my Colorado, the Scanner would load all of the config defaults after it connected to the vehicle and I could scan ignition timing, KR, LTFT for 4 different VE tables, O2's. I have never used any custom pids, custom histograms, nothing except what the default config loaded. The only things I have ever tuned on my Colorado were timing, MAF, and trans shift points.
    The scanner will load the configs when I connect to my Grand Prix, and to my Firehawk. I have custom pids and histograms for them and they work. The only thing that opens and works for the Colorado now is Ignition Timing Advance. Always worked before.
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 09-20-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

when connected to the vehicle and not logging try going into the layouts section and loading in a default layout again. see if that makes it work again. possibly a configuration loading error.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    when connected to the vehicle and not logging try going into the layouts section and loading in a default layout again. see if that makes it work again. possibly a configuration loading error.

This weekend I found my Install CD from HPTuners and used the reinstall/repair option. Scanner loaded up for my 2005 Colorado correctly so I could scan. Then today I had the same problem----scan log config would not load====so I had to go thru the CD reinstall/repair option. It worked---probably till next time I get ready to scan---LOL!

interesting it doesnt hold after re-scan.
    are you running the cd from 2.2x or is this a newer unit with the new 3.x cd?