Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 98 Camaro SS - 2nd Tune Attempt -> In need of guidance I'm afraid

Tuner in Training
    Hey that's my shop, Your that guy who was in here earlier with the camera asking all those tuning questions.

Why thank you for asking silverz06. And I would love to show you. Here I am mating the body back to the chassis of a 1963..

Here I am creating an electrical system from scratch for a little m powered c3 we built..

Here I am with a 2008 corvette ZHZ I procharged..

Here I am wrapping up the dyno installation..

Here is a selfie with a c1:

Here I am with my LSX376-b8(just before I dropped it in my c5)..

AND ALL IN YOUR SHOP SILVERZ06!!!!! I hope you feel smart for that comment. It sure looks a certain way.

One of the first jobs I had to contend with upon starting at this facility was a big service on a 1990 Ferrari Testarossa. A part of the service was pulling and resealing the engine and it also needed an evaporator core. the horizontally oppose 12 cylinder engine sat directly on top of the transmission and the transmission was the oil pan. The flat 12 had a dry sump oiling system also. Here I am stopping at another shop to show off the car upon its completion..

Tuning this was a little different as this used 2 old school cis fuel injection setups like the old Mercedes used to run. mechanical fuel injection. But it was the fastest production car in 1990 and was good for 185mph back in the day. This car had 2 shocks and 2 springs at each wheel. There are more pictures of it here..
    http://www.corvette-performance-expe...a.html#gallery[pageGallery]/11/

And I might spare posting up more pictures if only you stop acting like silverz06. Or I can keep going. I have been working here 6 days a week for 8 years now, so I gotta warn you all, I can keep going with the pictures for some time. I do so much and I build so many that I just have a lot, and I mean A LOT of pictures. Because SILVERZ06 is less original than any of you might think. And this far down the line, I am well prepared for the hate from the haters.

Tuner in Training
    I am impressed! I was going to mention that I finally figured out how you got into my shop through that prison work release program. I hired you to sweep up not take all these pictures, now get back to work!
    I thank you for letting me play a small part in one of the most entertaining post in HP history. In all seriousness, Very cool pictures, very cool shop. I'm pretty new to tuning and all us rookies owe you guys a lot for helping out the site. The hours and hours of learning I have spent so far, I take my hat off to all senior and advanced tuners. If I had a dollar for every time you re-flashed a ECU I could retire a rich man. You are a rich man for having so much knowledge, but it gets over looked when you point out others mistakes with criticism. You are bigger and better than that, thanks for sharing pics and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    OP. take your time. You're not time limited on dialing it in. A quick way to get it back in line is the ltft+stft setup to pull it in closer to zero at a faster rate, then run off of stft to get as close as you want to zero. You can add decimal places for whatever level of precision you wish on this. keep the timing table smooth as well. less chance of knock, or anything funky happening.
    Will do, kinda have to right now... Got a thump (sounds like a flat spotted tire) increase from a slow roll up to about 20-25 then its drowned out by the exhaust... Into the shop next Tuesday, so on hold for about a week. Make use of the time to write up all the advice I'm getting into a nice process to follow. And, make a copy of the tune (pre-tune) setting disables, etc...

Thanks, always appreciate advice and input!

Tuning Addict
    Autowiz - might want to watch it before you wind up getting kicked off of the forum...

On a side note - that 63 - did it wind up getting painted red? Possibly have a right hand head and exhaust manifold repair? You don't see the OE chrome wire covers on many and I just happened to have one in 3 weeks ago that had a ground up with some brake and steering upgrades, so was just wondering...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Oh now GHuggins your attempt at an insult makes you look less intelligent here. Do you not know what you are looking at in that picture? Do you not know when you see a trophy winning ncrs correct showcar? Are you not aware of the value of such a car with under 20k original miles on the clock? Every old white male on this earth would kill for that split window. Now the 1957, the selfie with a c1 picture, That car's numbers don't match so it is getting a bunch of conversion stuff. Steeroids rack & pinion, power steering, 350small block, centerforce clutch, DeWitts radiator, our typical small block setup stuff(eldebrock intake carb, msd distributor, etc.), vintage air, and a few other things I am not thinking about. In truth we don't really take on small jobs. Everything we do is a big project. I could start posting up rolling chassis' if you like? I have a slew of pictures of those.

Tuning Addict
    Wasn't trying to insult - never did until you called me a liar and I proved you wrong on that - I'm referring to the very top picture - the one you listed as a 63 that you can't see the body on - was it a convertible? Painted red when done? Had front 6 piston calipers?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Speaking of big jobs, here is that A&A blower kit I was telling you all I get to start installing tomorrow in this black c5..

It is going into a c5. It is right up this section of this forums alley. I could post up not just build threads, but a stock tune and .hpl from the before dyno pull, my tune after the LS2 intake tb exhaust and vararam with .hpl from that 389hp pull, and then files from where I land with this A&A kit. But you know keep on being like you are being and this will be another build thread added to the many that draw views and people to the supercharger forums and the corvette forums and the Chevrolet forums. You guys seem to like your forum quiet. And I guess that's cool. If you guys don't want me here, then I will go back to being like all the other good tuners and keeping my tuning knowledge to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Wasn't trying to insult - never did until you called me a liar and I proved you wrong on that - I'm referring to the very top picture - the one you listed as a 63 that you can't see the body on - was it a convertible? Painted red when done? Had front 6 piston calipers?
    I am sorry, again. And yes you did. Here are pictures from our website of that restoration:
    http://www.corvette-performance-expe...storation.html

...you cant blame me for being defensive at this point.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 11-02-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Tuning Addict
    That is a nice restoration I had one in the shop that was decently restored/built from somewhere in Florida - had issues, but not bad - that I installed a fuel injection system on... Seem to be doing a lot of those these days... Come to think of it though looking at your alternator and coolant reservoir, that one was a 62, but anyway I was just wondering - I had never seen one of these with nearly stock looking 6 piston calipers on the front and 4 piston in the rear still running stock wheels... It had the wrong transmission, some loose bolts, a cracked head and manifold that had been brazed back together and leaking coolant, but was really nice other than that... Anyhow - if your going to post builds like these - you should really consider the original posters and post your builds in their own threads... I don't have anything against them - just be considerate of others please...

~Greg Huggins~

Ya I didn't want to soil any other threads. This was destroyed long ago. And anything I said in any thread was just being shot down. So I just kept all the fallout here. I think that was the right thing to do vs. hashing this out in pieces across many threads wherever I was attacked, you know? I might make a thread for the 2002 c5. If I do I will post up files.

All these supercharger pictures are getting old.

More turbo stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    It is right up this section of this forums alley. I could post up not just build threads, but a stock tune and .hpl from the before dyno pull, my tune after the LS2 intake tb exhaust and vararam with .hpl from that 389hp pull, and then files from where I land with this A&A kit.

I might make a thread for the 2002 c5. If I do I will post up files.
    Heck yea' I for one would like to learn what a good series of tunes, from stock through a progression of mods looks like. Maybe some rational and reasoning behind the steps made with the mods. Kind of a "Tuner/Builder: 101" I'm sure there are plenty of others as well! Start that thread sir!
    V/r, Mike