Thread: iPhone 5 v3.6.2 - TrackAddict quits on Preview

Tuner in Training

iPhone 5 v3.6.2 - TrackAddict quits on Preview

I use an old iPhone 5 with Track Addict. With the v.3.6.2 release I find that the app just closes when I click the Preview button.

The same version of the app seems to work fine with my iPhone 6 and iPad air.

I've double checked the settings and it has permission to use the camera and everything. Using the feature to read in a QR code does show the video/camera for that.

Let me know if there is specific information from the phone I can provide, or if it is a known issue with the iPhone 5?

Could you tell me what version of iOS you are using? I've tested it successfully here many times on an iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3, so my first guess would be that it's some issue with our new video leveling indicator on a previous version of iOS.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it turns out it was running a very old version of iOS - 8.3. It doesn't have service anymore and the only time I bring it in the house and put it on the wifi is to download new versions of TrackAddict. It seems like 10.3.3 is the newest version the device will support, so I just updated it to that and indeed TrackAddict works fine now and the preview no longer crashes it.

Go ahead and delete this thread if you would like. It was mostly user error on my part running an old version of the operating system.

Thanks for letting me know. I found the cause... The new camera level feature was just inadvertently using a function that wasn't available prior to iOS 10. I'll get this fixed for the earlier versions of iOS in our next app update...