Thread: 2015 Mustang 5.0 stalls sometimes after WOT

2015 Mustang 5.0 stalls sometimes after WOT

So Ive been R&Ding on my first 5.0 Mustang. A little confusing from the GM side with all the mapping points, but I started to get a good understanding of them after a couple hours. Though difficult to understand what influences each map setting. in WOT, most of the time I retrieved my data from say map 21 or 22, but sometime after I because changing the IVT, Id collect data from MP 25. Im ok with the above.

I have the car running well, but sometimes when going from hard throttle in a high manual gear, then pushing it to neutral to coast, the Mustang would stall. 70% of the time it would not do it, but it sucked when It did.

When the mustang would stall, I looked at the MPs, and thought if I changed just those values back to stock, it would help, but it did not. Then I said since it uses above 20 MP at WOT, let me change all the MP below 20 back to stock and see if that helps. I don't think it did.

Another question other than help me with the stalling issue, Ive commanded .847 Lambda during WOT in the tune and it hits that mark in the scan, but im my scanner its telling me im commanding .90 Lambda not .847. is there a table im missing to change that influences what the computer thinks my commanded it ?

Also I noticed in my commanded the temperature for fueling only goes up to 16 degrees. Can/should that be "renormalize" to a higher engine temperature. I think im running about 190 degrees at normal operating and WOT temps.
    Attached is the arrival tune which we believe is the stock tune and one of the tunes and the scan which monitored the tune.

Thanks
    Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    So Ive been R&Ding on my first 5.0 Mustang. A little confusing from the GM side with all the mapping points, but I started to get a good understanding of them after a couple hours. Though difficult to understand what influences each map setting. in WOT, most of the time I retrieved my data from say map 21 or 22, but sometime after I because changing the IVT, Id collect data from MP 25. Im ok with the above.

I have the car running well, but sometimes when going from hard throttle in a high manual gear, then pushing it to neutral to coast, the Mustang would stall. 70% of the time it would not do it, but it sucked when It did.

When the mustang would stall, I looked at the MPs, and thought if I changed just those values back to stock, it would help, but it did not. Then I said since it uses above 20 MP at WOT, let me change all the MP below 20 back to stock and see if that helps. I don't think it did.

Another question other than help me with the stalling issue, Ive commanded .847 Lambda during WOT in the tune and it hits that mark in the scan, but im my scanner its telling me im commanding .90 Lambda not .847. is there a table im missing to change that influences what the computer thinks my commanded it ?

Also I noticed in my commanded the temperature for fueling only goes up to 16 degrees. Can/should that be "renormalize" to a higher engine temperature. I think im running about 190 degrees at normal operating and WOT temps.
    Attached is the arrival tune which we believe is the stock tune and one of the tunes and the scan which monitored the tune.

Thanks
    Phil
    you need to turn your torque module switch back on .
    looks like a gt350 intake with stock throttle body on pump gas .. what intake tube are you using ?

Completely stock car. In the scan the car dies off at the 10:45 mark

Completely stock car. In the scan the car dies off at the 10:45 mark
    If you are running a stock car ,why does it have the MAF period for a PMAS 120 and a 12.5 intake volume . That base tune is for a gt350 intake s550 with the pmas 120 intake tube

Tuner
    I've noticed my car stalls sometimes after a fresh flash, and then after a while it seems to learn how the idle and not stall

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    I've noticed my car stalls sometimes after a fresh flash, and then after a while it seems to learn how the idle and not stall
    Did it learn itself out?

Senior Tuner
    Not sure why youre bumping this back up? You stated stock car, you were told your intake volume and MAF period tables are not set to stock. You know your issue. Set those back to stock and report back.

Senior Tuner

Thanks
    Phil
    Your commanded lambda in the log is final commanded fueling, I.E. taking into account the fuel adjustments via the fuel trims. If you look at your logs you are about 4% too rich from your MAF period (it is pulling -4% fuel during WOT). So you commanded 0.84, o2 sensors read that with the fuel you were commanding the result was too rich by about 4%, and adjusted the commanded fuel.

0.84 commanded less 4% of fuel is around 0.90 lambda (0.84 x 1.04 = 0.899)

Senior Tuner
    Stalling after a WOT pull will be a combination of bad fueling (based on a bad MAF table or intake volume like your tune has), or deceleration fuel cutoff settings being off. On a stock car these should all be left 100% stock and you should never stall.