Thread: NO Power past 5700 rpm

Tuner in Training

NO Power past 5700 rpm

Vehicle is 3.6L Jeep Wrangler and i am having trouble at 5700-5800 rpms. Hitting some type of limiter. Can any of you guys take a look at the log and file and see if you have any suggestions. its making right at 400rwhp and 415rwtq. it should pull to 6200-6400. Attached files are log, tune file, and stock file for comparison. it is Forced Induction

20170922_141449.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    It's likely in the TCM. You need to read the TCM and make the needed changes.

Edit: The datalog shows it pulling to 6200 rpm so the dyno plot may be off slightly, but the TCM likely still has what you need.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 09-22-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reply. i attached the trans files both modified and stock. in those files i really changed nothing except the upshift and downshift points at WOT. the problem is i have made more power without any issues like this. i have changed the calibration completely from NN off to NN on and VE tuning to No VE tuning etc. the problem still exists when i load older tunes that had no issues. The log will show the pull past the 57-58 mark. on the pull it holds it briefly then will continue to rev but the momentum is gone. you can hear and feel it on the street too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by boostlife; 09-22-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    JEEP.jpg

Try raising that and see if that helps. Also log, "Throttle Torque Source" most of the time it will tell you what limiter you are hitting.

Advanced Tuner
    Does it have a snorkel? I tuned a 3.6 truck with a sprintex and a snorkel that I thought was hitting a hard limiter cause it kept shutting me down early. Turned out the snorkel was causing such a restriction that one of the rubber inlet pipes was collapsing and shutting off all airflow into the engine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    JEEP.jpg

Try raising that and see if that helps. Also log, "Throttle Torque Source" most of the time it will tell you what limiter you are hitting.
    i tried raising and no difference, TTS just says pedal.

Tuner in Training
    no snorkel here. funny you ran into the sprintex choke too. i think i picked up 40hp just by taking the intake of the sprintex i had on the dyno here recently. crazy
    Thank you Jay and Curt for the suggestions. When i find the fix i will post it. Dont want this to be an open worthless thread. Anybody else have suggestions? Shoot..

Advanced Tuner
    Try these settings - adjust TQ Adapts and in the TCM raise all the cells for oil and ect temp

tq adapt.pngtcm wot shift.png
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000