Thread: Gopro video, Hptuners datalog and Harrys lap timer. Can it all be combined?

Potential Tuner

Gopro video, Hptuners datalog and Harrys lap timer. Can it all be combined?

I bought Racerender. Trying to figure out how to combine all of the above. I do not even know where to start - anybody have any tips? I know how to use each separately. Trying to make some track videos..

Thanks in advance

Joe

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, but it's a pain in the butt. There may be a better way, but I found it best to open the project and use video and lap timer/gps as the only inputs initially. Get those 2 files synced up which is pretty easy to do. Then add in the OBD data. Getting that synced up is a bit more difficult as you have to find a good point in the video where you're shifting or something...and match the rpm gauge to the audio. I also had some issues with the OBD datalog being ever so slightly faster or slower than the gps data...so by the end of session the sync would be off a little. You can adjust the speed of an item in the program, but again, kind of a pain and tedious. Harry's also does some weird stuff like the first lap is labeled as lap "0" I think, so that might need some tweaking.

If that sounds like a pain in the butt to do for each session.... it is, and was not worth it IMO. Easiest solution would be use HPtuner's TrackAddict app and everything will be seamless, just sync up data with video...easy. If you really prefer Harry's then you log OBD on that as well and make it work pretty easily. But at that point you could also just import video into Harry's and render from there. All depends on what your desired end result is.