Thread: New to Forced....Went 2 bar....hesitation on throttle application

New to Forced....Went 2 bar....hesitation on throttle application

Log for the supercharged 2 bar ls6 I am learning on. I was initially trying to get this to run decent on a 1 bar but that's just wrong.....I installed a 2 BAR sensor and OS upgrade, started tuning VE on STFT's. I tried the wideband but, it's struggling b/c he sensors are after the collector on some longtube headers...signals are bouncing all over from the pulses (I think).
    Anyway, I am getting hesitation on throttle tip in from coasting with no throttle or, very light cruise throttle then easing back into the throttle.
    Lean as heck? HOw do I get this VE dialed if the o2s are struggling way down stream on those longtube headers?

whats the hesitation, lean.hpl

2 Bar 1.hpt

I confused if you are still trying to run the MAF in a speed density tune.

If you are trying to be speed density only the tune is all wrong for that. MAF fail high needs to be set to 0hz and the MAF DTC"s must be set to MIL on first error. You have the dynamic airflow setting at 8,000rpm so I assume you want to be running only the MAP but the rest of the tune isn't right.

The VE you have scaled as if it was a NA setup still. You want the 0-100kpa to be like factory with area's above 105kpa higher. Like if you pasted your stock VE back into the table for 0-100kpa then put 140 kpa at 210 kpa and then highlight from 105-210, click interpolate between vertical bounds to create the VE for boost.

The PE and BE should be set differently. At times you are commanding 13.30 afr at 7-8 pounds of boost with timing way up into the mid 20's. Command BE to like 11.5 AFR in boost and lower the enable torque to 80% because you disabled torque mgnt. Maybe lower the timing some as you increase cylinder airmass while in boost and the rpm's rise.

As for the o2 sensor I don't know, they seem to be switching fine in the log but it's just that you can be at 6-8psi of boost in closed loop still because of your power enrichment settings and that will for sure show lean on a wideband. Infact I'm not sure it ever went out of closed loop and into open loop/acceleration while you where in boost on that log.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thumbs up

Thanks much, picking up pieces from a 1 bar hack job and learning as I go. I'll make some changes as all you mentioned makes sense.

I'll post a revision soon.

Flashing now.....

SD try 2.hpt