Thread: Increase Remote Start time?

Tuner in Training

Increase Remote Start time?

2015 GMC 1500 slt.

Would there be a parameter to adjust for this truck's remote start time? I have pro HPT but I've only used it for my LS1 car.

I have not seen a way to edit this yet, maybe someone else has.

I thought I read once that it's something in the BCM that controls this. The only way is to use it, let it run for 10min but press the button again before than 10min mark to extend it another 10min.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Have you tried this?

Capture.JPG

[ECM] 2135 - Startup Idle Time

I am very interested in this also. I have a remote key fob. The door locks work but the remote start never has. The dealerships tell me the ECU is not set up for it? It is my understanding if the door locks work so should the remote start.

Tuner in Training
    Do you mean how long it cranks before it starts, or how long it will run after starting with remote start?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert C Morgillo View Post
    Have you tried this?

Capture.JPG

[ECM] 2135 - Startup Idle Time

I am very interested in this also. I have a remote key fob. The door locks work but the remote start never has. The dealerships tell me the ECU is not set up for it? It is my understanding if the door locks work so should the remote start.
    300 seconds is only 5 minutes. If it was the parameter in question it would be 600 seconds. And the limit is 1 restart that I've read.

In regards to yours not working the doors must be locked for it to enable remote start, try that?

Quote Originally Posted by 376FD View Post
    Do you mean how long it cranks before it starts, or how long it will run after starting with remote start?
    how long it will run, hopefully I never have to mess with the crank duration.

Yes, that is just a shot of mine at 300 sec.

No still won't start. I read it may be in a Body Control Module?

Tuning Addict
    If your truck came with remote start fobs, then it should work. You most likely have dtc stored causing it to not work.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    If your truck came with remote start fobs, then it should work. You most likely have dtc stored causing it to not work.
    Ah, the plot thickens. It did not come with the fob. I "negotiated" with the dealer at purchase. It had no fob and just one key. I said I wanted the remote locks capability or, no deal. He said OK and that it had to be programed for it (the fob). I only mentioned remote locks. I didn't say anything about remote start. Looks like my bad.The remote start has never worked. The locks work fine. Is there a Body Control Module reference? It seems like I have the ability to adjust remote start. I think I have seen in the posts here however, just because we have the "screen" doesn't necessarily mean the ECU has it. I have read in other publications the GMC trucks all used the same ECU and ECU capability,unlike the Chevy's. In other word's Denali down to fleet truck, same ECU. I do not know if that is true. I did read it in a reputable periodical. If that's the case the remote start "on" switch might be elsewhere.

I should move this to a new thread.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...e-start-ON-OFF
    Last edited by Robert C Morgillo; 09-27-2017 at 07:45 AM.