Thread: gen v swap in 70 chevelle not running proper

Potential Tuner

gen v swap in 70 chevelle not running proper

I am new to tuning...period..I can swap any motor in any car but I can not tune. I love to learn so this is my reach out for help.I swapped a 2014 c7 lt1 in my 70 Chevelle. I am driving it everyday but it is not running to its full potential. I have a super charger on it and it do not have the power that I know it should have.I have attached what I think is my last log please look it over and give me input. like I said I am no tuner but I can build and swap any motor or restore any car...I specialize in chevelles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Log file says invalid.

If you've never tuned before, starting with a torque based controller as your first go around may not be the best move. They are some of the most difficult and advanced computers to learn with if you've never seen them before. I may suggest taking it to a shop or meeting up with someone that has done them before.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the advice. did I post the log correctly?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by igaragellc; 09-24-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Tuner in Training
    the .hpl file in the first post should have been correct but it may have been corrupted. Try uploading that one again, the second file is just the layout file and not the log. It seems the big problem with doing an engine swap with the new engines is torque management and getting the right ecu to match the engine. If you haven't messed with tq management it will definitely be the place to start but it's hard to tell without a log.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the input...the car is running like a champ,it will make you crap in ur pants. The gen v on boost is insane. I did away with the the stock fuel pump module and put in a aero motive in tank fuel pump. My buddy emailed me a tune file thanks Steve in va. beach Virginia....it's a monster. First few passes I just broke the transmission so I'm back to the drawing board. Check out the post on Instagram ...igarage