Thread: WGDC PID for logging?

Potential Tuner

WGDC PID for logging?

I cannot seem to find the correct PID for logging Wastegate Duty Cycle %. '14 ATS 2.0t. None of the wastegate or boost control solenoid parameters I've found have done anything while logging.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if i remember correctly its desired pressure ratio.
    so you have to monitor the commanded pressure ratio and compare it to the actual pressure and make an adjustment based on the error shown. super fast way to tune the table is on a solid state dyno since you can hold rpm constant and just keep shoving the throttle in to command a higher pressure ratio (P/r)

when done correctly you can log commanded P/r on the y-axis and RPM on the x-axis, your filler data will be actual pressure ratio which is (14.69 psi + [actual boost])/14.69 psi.
    as the data plots in every cell in the horizontal axis (rows), the plotted data should match the Y-Axis Row label in every RPM (column).

or in easier terms: for every rpm, if the desired ratio is 2.2, then the returned actual P/r should be 2.2
    once the wg settings are locked in then you have to use your Map A driver demand to set a target boost figure. Might have to double check me on this step though....havent used this ecu in over 5 years.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 09-25-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman