Thread: E38 - issue with O2 Sensors pinned rich / Widebands read rich once in gear and moving

Tuner in Training

E38 - issue with O2 Sensors pinned rich / Widebands read rich once in gear and moving

LSA BLower, BTR CAM, 3 bar MAP, 90lb Deatschwerks injectors, LT Headers and CAI

Vehicle runs and drives fine.
    I scan the vehicle then start it let it idle and warm up. Fuel trims and O2 sensors look good.
    As soon as the wheels start moving in gear the Fuel trims lock, O2 sensors pin rich, Wideband reads rich.
    If i let the car idle it all goes back to normal. I Have tried this with MAF only, VVE only and putting all PE settings back to stock and it does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?JSS_001.hptJSS_DATA_001.hpl

Senior Tuner
    i ran into this exact issue last night with an eforce kit at 90's on e85 {65% blend} there is something funky in the injector scaling. the bank 2 sensor went dead.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having a feeling it's the injectors too. It's the only thing different from my other tunes and i've never had this issue before.

Senior Tuner
    i honestly forgot what I had changed in it and it brought it right back. But yes, there is something funky in the injector scaling from them. the car did fine on 65lbs injectors. same fuel, same boost, same everything except injectors and it went wonky.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    any updates on this? having the same issue and quite annoying.

DW90lb injectors scaled to 63.5lb then scaling offset in rest of tune.

Potential Tuner
    just figured it out

Lower the injector Minimum Pulse width. Was at 0.7ms and o2 stop trying to trim fuel out as was at minimum. Lowered to 0.25ms and no more rich condition and O2 freezing

Tuner in Training
    Nice thanks.

I got pissed off and ordered ID 1050x injectors waiting for them to arrive today, i already pulled out the Deatschwerks

Tuner in Training

Solved

Ok So here it is.

I installed the Injector Dynamics ID-1050X Injectors , input their data and guess what??? It works now. This is why i stress to my customers about using the right products with proper data. Wasted the whole week on this BS.

Lesson learned , keep this in mind for anyone else that has these issues. New Scan file attachedJSS_003.hpl