Thread: Trading Ford For Gm Credits?

Sharmz

Trading Ford For Gm Credits?

Hello guys i was wondering if you could trade ford credits for GM credits, i was not aware how p poor the Ford model support is, Luckily SCT has been providing MUCH better ford support. I understand i made a mistake with the ford credits, it looks like HP tuners is just for GM? i looked at the Benz stuff..... 8 credits (someones been smoking something lol) coming from ME background i can charge my customers less for a tune then the credits cost (with advanced assembly code features like multi-map switching, and pops and bangs)

so far i have been 0/3 with ford models that came to my shop, i would really prefer GM credits.

2009 F150 4.6L (ZERO transmission support, unfortunate because there are many improvements here)
    2013 Escape 2.0 Ecoboost (not supported)
    2016 F150 SVT Raptor (not supported

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately you cannot trade credits, sorry.

Pretty sure we support the 2016 in question though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Almost sounds like a troll.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot trade credits, sorry.

Pretty sure we support the 2016 in question though.
    I am almost as sure that you don't support the 2016 in question as I am that he never attempted to tune the 2016 in question.

Sharmz
    i tune ME and EDC type type ecus, my website is www.vagaddict.com I also tune DENSO types without Hp tuners, sorry not a troll just a HP noob, I am a WinOLS native, fick dich selbst, HP doesn't allow for advanced things like 2 step launch control and multimap switching, even on some models that support it, so i rely on my programming and reverse engineering skills more then most of you, it sucks HP tuners is a solution i trusted for ford.

I am specializing in failure analysis in embedded systems, things like back side imaging,side ch attacks,fault injection attacks, bumping attacks, data remanence,data pin extraction, custom firmware's. I work on EDC17/MED17 mostly now a days, realize real tuners just see more issues then the novices.

I was sincerely unaware that some models HP tuners claims to support are only semi covered, ex (can someone answer me thats the purpose of the TCU tab on a 4.6L 2009 f-150 ), these are words of a new comer trying to make use of a tool that hasn't worked once for me yet.
    Last edited by Sharmz; 09-30-2017 at 07:51 PM.

You are such a great tuner and hacker and you are crying about trading credits to a different brand you purchased them for?
    I have spent thousands on tuning software, sometimes things aren't like you first thought so you have to learn from your mistakes and move on.

I also have SCT and it lacks several things that HPT has. SCT only unlocks certain parameters, if you want more you need to pay their training to unlock a higher user level with more parameters. You also need to buy a X3/X4 programmer for each car you tune so it's $399 to start tuning. The dealer software with a full database is very very expensive.

You just have to use what works best for the combination you have. You can't expect a single software to support everything.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Sharmz
    I think HP leverages a lot of bang for buck compared to many of my other tools, but this whole credit system is new to me, i come as a honest guy wanting to exchange credits, if i have to spend more, just to hope dodge or GM supports better, this makes me angry and wanting to turn to my other skills and rectify the problem myself. Paying is not a issue, SCT advantage licence and dealer agreement is $2500 which im not complaining about, i think HP system is much better if your comparing the licence platforms. just kind of crappy HP refuses to offer a customer a solution within there ability, if i was salty i would be sharing some russian information's about work arounds to my problem, but i respect the work HP has put into software development. Also in my field of tuning WinOLS is all we use,regardless of make or model, and for the most part my CMDflasher reads 90% of everything i do, its a shame domestic tuning isnt more open like European.

also you can unlock SCT by sending it in or learning how to unlock yourself. SCT is a tune and a tool, HP is just a tool so its almost unfair to compare based on just that, 8 Credits to read the benz MED17.7.3 PCM is a little unfair, i can show u a 10 doller tricore OBD cable that reads/writes it so lets not make comparisons based on cost.
    Last edited by Sharmz; 09-30-2017 at 11:22 PM.

It's not that they don't want to help you.
    Credits can't be exchanged for a simple reason: You already have the application key which contains the 8 Ford credits encoded into it, they can't undo what they already gave you (used or not).
    If they issue a new application key with 8 GM credits and 0 Ford, what would stop you from entering the old key you already have and use the 8 Ford credits in it?

To be able to change the Ford credits to GM you need to send your interface so they change the serial number so the app key you have doesn't work anymore.
    If you have not used any of the 8 Ford credits, it's easier to sell the interface and buy a new one with GM credits, or just save them for later and buy GM credits.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Sharmz
    thank you kindly sir this is sensible i was only angry because of the lack of my understanding.

HPT Credit system is great but also confusing. Believe me when I tell you that HPT support is top notch, specially the Ford side of it.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS