Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may of hurt the engine???

In a way that could be good news! The heat hopefully just burnt the electrodes and flew out the exhaust (Or mangled up with the rest of your CATs)

Get an engine scope in there to see whats going on.

What spark plugs do you use? low 30s gap is still too wide of a gap, 28 is the best gap I use with no drivability problems whatsoever. Also stick with the NGK LFR7AIX. I've tried and tested them on countless cars and they do a good job!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    In a way that could be good news! The heat hopefully just burnt the electrodes and flew out the exhaust (Or mangled up with the rest of your CATs)

Get an engine scope in there to see whats going on.

What spark plugs do you use? low 30s gap is still too wide of a gap, 28 is the best gap I use with no drivability problems whatsoever. Also stick with the NGK LFR7AIX. I've tried and tested them on countless cars and they do a good job!

That is what I heard. We just put in the brisk silver plugs. 14ys. Pre gapped at .28. But in the morning on cold startup the idle is very erratic. During the day if I leave her alone for a few hours there is no problem. Only over night. I wrote brisk. They told me to try opening the gap to .30. I just do not think she likes these plugs. And man are they a pain to change.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Cold start up could be with the injector settings at start up.. If you've switched off your Neural Network and you didn't get the Start up PW in check, it will surge and sound rough until fuel trims get in line.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Soooooo, non-flex fuel vehicles auto generate crud if you run E85...haha. I have COT off in my tune on my personal car as well...with stock cats. Never seen one melt. In my opinion, send the injectors to another company. Send all 8 and say, flow these for me. They won't know which injector is which, you number them so you know the one that came out of that cylinder and ask them not to loose track of the numbers, then ask if it was clogged with "crud" or faulty injector. My reasoning for this is no injector company is going to admit a faulty injector just cost you an engine, once they have them, they can wipe their hands of it and say, "yep, full of crud and clogged", and how would you know? Also if you look through this here forum, you wouldn't be the first to have a data issue with ID's. Not pointing blame at the injectors saying that's it, case closed, just cover your ass, the injectors could be perfectly fine, but again it seems there is a data issue going as I've seen many times ID's going in, weird problems, Rich/Lean stumbles, put stock injectors and data back in, car runs fine.
    Good advice here! COT off is not going to cause an issue. I have also seen corroded connections on the PCM that caused an injector on one cylinder fire sporadically. This was a remote tune for a shop in Canada and we had no idea that this was the cause but sent this customers ID injectors out to be flow tested by Witchhunter and they all came back good (as stated do not send injectors to be tested by the manufacturer you purchased them from). The shop then ohm'd the harness and eventually discovered this and replaced the PCM:

PCM connector.jpg
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    That is what I heard. We just put in the brisk silver plugs. 14ys. Pre gapped at .28. But in the morning on cold startup the idle is very erratic. During the day if I leave her alone for a few hours there is no problem. Only over night. I wrote brisk. They told me to try opening the gap to .30. I just do not think she likes these plugs. And man are they a pain to change.
    Did the Brisk plugs get rid of your 3rd gear mis fire though is the question. How does the car run now?

Advanced Tuner
    bent spark plugs from backpressure and heat? more info please? im getting bent spark plugs but no broken ring lands at all. i keep multiple misfires, de pending on the tune, different misfires, it seems. what is the recommended spark plug and gap for a 2008 5.7 block with 20m over pistons, eagle heads and a 220/230 comp cam and LT headers cr around 11;5;1-12;1
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.