Thread: fg 2008 security confirmations

Potential Tuner

fg 2008 security confirmations

have tried setting the security to disable pats on my pcm in a number of ways, only ever done this with LS1 pcm's and haven't had an issue

have so far only gotten the car to fire twice, once for 1 second and accidentally popped out the pcm main fuse

and once after that for 3 seconds after which it abruptly cut out and stopped instantly

after the above i have been unable to get the car to re-fire even after playing with the security settings

i know the injectors are working as i can smell the fuel coming out of the exhaust and i have 12v on the coil packs

have tried two batteries, one brand new deep cycle and one in working order out of my fgx

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Potential Tuner
    Gave it a quick test start this morning and it fired up again straight away after re connecting the battery and stalled after 1 second

Any cranking there on wards results in no firing

Security at the moment is currently set with
    pats switch - enabled
    pats alternative - disabled

have also tried it with

pats switch - disabled
    pats alternative - disabled

Is there any way to test if the immobiliser has actually been bypassed?

Potential Tuner
    so after a bit more playing around and changing wiring im at the point where i can get it to fire everytime but it still stalls, i then have to turn the ignition off still and then back on for it to fire again

This is a conversion and at the moment im trying to trouble shoot all my problems with the wiring just beside the car

It's running a completely factory setup with the ZF6 trans

Currently haven't got the alternator connected as the loom wont really reach unless i run it through the firewall of the car

I've attached a log for anyone who may be interested

first good starting but still stalls.hpl

Tuner
    Have you tried with. Pats switch- disabled
    Pats alternative- enabled ?

Potential Tuner
    I just tried it then and it fires for a tenth of a second and then stops (which is a different outcome as it barely kicks over once, and if i turn the ignition on and off it will not fire again), i never tried this setting previously because it was how it was set in the first factory read entire i did for the PCM

I'm still at the stage where i can't get the car to run for more than 2-3 seconds

At the moment i am pulling the starter relay in manually was wondering if this could upset the PCM, with this car using the ZF 6 speed it doesn't clearly say where the trigger is in the wiring diagrams for this box, so far it only lists the input for the 4 speed auto box

Potential Tuner
    I'll update this to hopefully help anyone in the future,

The entire time i have been testing i have been jumping the starter solenoid direct as the wiring loom is only temporary for testing and i got lazy wiring up the proper starter circuit

And since i was pulling at straws i wired the starter solenoid through the ECU trigger as per factory wiring diagrams

As soon as i did this car fired up no problems and ran like a dream