Thread: Hpt afr reading wrong help!!!

Potential Tuner

Hpt afr reading wrong help!!!

Hey guys & girls , this is my first post so bare with me , im using hpt pro and im running an AEM 41-4110 AFR gauge, i have it all hooked up properly. So i went to test my first scan, and its jumping from 10.0 to like 16 or 19 then back to 10 really fast. in other words its not working/working correctly at all. But i know for sure my aem gauge is reading good and is not jumping at all. only the hpt program. what do i do ?!! ive tried grounding it to the interface and no change.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Have you set the scale for the wideband?

Potential Tuner
    What would the scale be ? , I don't think I've done that , could u maybe run me through how ?

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same problem with my innovate MTX-L plus. Do you ever figure this out?

Tuner in Training
    There are guides on youtube. Basically look for setting up wideband in HP Tuners. Most of the popular ones are per configured. Now you may have to mess with the offset. You can find that on youtube also, or come back here and I'll break it down in detail.

Just log the MPVI AD1 channel without transforming. This will log the actual voltage that is being supplied by the AEM. If it is jumping about the same (which I believe it will) then first make sure you have a good solid 12v and ground to the gauge. On new cars, sometimes the cigarette lighter socket isn't wired sufficiently to handle the WB Current....try tie the unit right to the battery. If that doesn't work then trace the wires back to the aem and make sure you have good connections and you have spliced into the black wire at the gauge and tied that to the MPVI connector pin 5. Make sure the white wire is going to pin 1. If that is ok, then tie a wire from pin 5 to a good chassis ground.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]