Thread: Flex Fuel Conversion 2004 CTS V

Tuner in Training

Flex Fuel Conversion 2004 CTS V

Is it possible to add a flex fuel sensor to these year V's? I cannot seem to find any information. Would it be possible to have flex fuel and a SD setup?

Tuner in Training
    04 Has a P59 ECU right? So, yes, it's possible, both SD and Flex. There is a lot of information and two ongoing threads on LS1 Tech for flex fuel and P59's with 3 bar SD. You can also do 2 bar, flex and RTT if I'm not mistaken. There are probably some threads around here as well. What OS do you have?

Tuner in Training
    I am not sure of the ECU, thats what I was trying to find out. I know the 04 05 cars had an older pcm vs the 06 07 cars. I have to pull the tune and check.

For Future reference and future google searches. CTS-V Gen1 Flex fuel

the 04 OS is 12592433 and natively Flex fuel does not work. With the 05 CTSV OS 12592618 Flex fuel does work. I could not find any trucks with the 433 OS to segment swap with so that flex fuel worked with the 433. writing in a 603 known working flex fuel OS will not start the CTSV as it does with the GTO.

the 05 12592618 did have some problems where it threw codes that we do not have access in disabling.

As posted in the C5Z thread we have a working CTS-V1 P59 combo without any side effects. Segment swaps don't play nice with C5's and CTS-V's due to all of the stuff in the background of the OS that trucks/SUV's do not have. My method edits the actual hidden flex tables we don't have access to which means no segment swaps are needed.

We offer this for in house vehicles only or via remote tuning in which the files are locked to mine and your cable and are not view-able.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400