Thread: 2014 CTS-V 2.38 pulley

2014 CTS-V 2.38 pulley

Alright guys and gals, I am new to HPTuners and the LSA but not new to cars and such. Needing some direction on where to start with my wifes CTS-V that has full SW exhaust with mufflers, ported snout, ported TB, and a new 2.38 pulley. We have heads and cam too but waiting on the converter and injectors before we install all that. So I got the pulley on for now. Car is not a daily and gets driven twice a month maybe.

Where, if anywhere for now, should I start adjusting? I did tune for the exhaust, so I'm not completely blind here. LOL

I also spent some time searching the forum but didn't end up with much. Maybe I'm not searching the right key words....

Thanks!

Cody

Senior Tuner
    me personally, i would strap it down to a dyno and get the afr dialed in. back off the timing itself while doing it. when the afr is dialed in, bring up the timing. Take out the nany controls on the supercharger settings to keep it from shutting itself down as well. You will most likely need injectors as it sits. I would strong advise against the aftermarket converter, and getting a larger heat exchanger, varimax pump and reservoir tank to help with the added heat,.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    you will need to adjust when the PE comes in as you will get way more boost at lower rpms.

Tuner in Training
    I would start tuning your VVE first. Then dial in the MAF. There are several good tutorials/ threads on the proper process to complete each(i.e. Fail the MAF, Fail PE under 105kpa, Multiply changed by 50% etc). If you can't find them within the forum google works for searching HPT also.