Thread: Hellcat with Whipple 4.5 goes into Limp Mode at part throttle 3-4lbs of boost

Tuner in Training

Hellcat with Whipple 4.5 goes into Limp Mode at part throttle 3-4lbs of boost

We have an otherwise stock Hellcat with a Whipple 4.5L blower on it... stock throttle body stock everything else...

Tuned it at WOT just fine made good power on 93 (fuel we are using) but when casually driving the car will go into a limp mode and throw a code and shut down... you will have to pull over and restart the car to get it to run again.

Does it at part throttle 3-4lbs of boost just driving around.

Code it throws is P012B - We tried just turning it off but that doesn't solve the problem

We have talked to Whipple, The tuning school, and everyone else we know about it and can't seem to get anywhere.

Log attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Street 3 P012B.hpl
    http://www.carlyleracing.com
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Advanced Tuner
    can you post the tune

Tuner in Training
    Here you go sir...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Advanced Tuner
    Is that the only code? Is it getting a p3032 also?
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Tuner in Training
    Sometimes it will. But not every time.
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Just a quick thought, since changing over the supercharger, are you using Whipples bypass and eliminated the factory control? If so, disable the Supercharger Equipped tab and treat the hellcat as if it was a normal dodge getting boosted.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    The Whipple uses the OEM bypass valve

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    Just a quick thought, since changing over the supercharger, are you using Whipples bypass and eliminated the factory control? If so, disable the Supercharger Equipped tab and treat the hellcat as if it was a normal dodge getting boosted.
    The bypass is moved from the factory blower to the 4.5L whipple
    888-307-9186
    07 C6 ZO6 Atomic Orange
    Best ET 6.54@228

Tuner in Training
    Yes you have to take the stock bypass move it into the 4.5l whipple . some guy they think it come with bypass and usually whipple don't show any instruction in ther website on it cus it fits on the back of the blower .

Potential Tuner
    Did you get this figured out?

I also want to know

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it was figured out.

could you share lol ... have one with same issue now.. thx
    Hers -07 Jeep - SRT-8, Stock for now!
    His -05 GMC - Duramax, CCSB,4x4,LLY
    His -99 GMC - RCSB, 6.0, T-72 front mount, A/W intercooler, 4L80E, and bolt-ons

To be fair a lot has changed from when this post was first put up.

I too wish to know the fix. Installed whipple 4.5L. Getting U1424, and U11BC + P3032 codes.

I'm new to Dodge tuning. I assume it has something to do with power % request mode tables? I raised them 10% or so in some areas, but still no luck.

Tuner in Training
    Check your map sensor rationality values.

I did change those. I am loosing my mind with this Dodge logic. Just finished installing all the part, I feel like anymore bs'ing around and I'm going to hurt something. I have since getting the code set the tests to 51kpa baro offset, the rest to 410 kpa.

Being new to this, I also noticed that it's commanding 1 lambda even at WOT and PE and everything is turned on. I feel that perhaps after the P3032 code was set, now it's always in limp mode.

Is there a way to clear this code so I could retest?

Tuner
    Take a look a the Supercharger Airflow, and Bypass Position tables. The airflow table should be scaled appropriately... (unless you are making 1400 HP, you shouldn't be DOUBLING this... gotta tune it for your setup)... As for the Bypass Position, take a look at how tight those bends are in the bypass channel on the blower itself, and adjust it accordingly. Hint: its not going to flow as much as the stock manifold at larger bypass voltages....
    I haven't found anything to log that tells you *directly* if you are going the right way when you make these changes. My initial goals were to get away from TB limp, THEN it has been to keep fine tuning so that the "Supercharger PRatio" behaves similar to stock when driving around in most situations.