Potential Tuner

Reading my tuned corvette after tcm unlock help

I get this message trying to read my tune
    Its a 2017 corvette and i down loaded newest version 3.6
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had the same issue. Support sent me this link to look at.:

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...vehicle-pop-up

Tuner in Training
    I had same message pop up. You can change calibration on TCM, there is just no way of retrieving and seeing whats on TCM. If you ever lose your tune, you are screwed, and will have to go from start (TCM).

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    I had same message pop up. You can change calibration on TCM, there is just no way of retrieving and seeing whats on TCM. If you ever lose your tune, you are screwed, and will have to go from start (TCM).
    am I missing something. please explain. normally you do a read then manipulate tcm tune and re-write it. what change for these unlock TCM? I assume when you unlock 2017+ TCM it would act like the 2016 and previous models.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    am I missing something. please explain. normally you do a read then manipulate tcm tune and re-write it. what change for these unlock TCM? I assume when you unlock 2017+ TCM it would act like the 2016 and previous models.

No, 2017+ TCMs are strange. Once unlocked, HPTuners will still read the TCM, but a message pops up and you are presented with STOCK TCM tune generated by HPTuners. You have no way of telling whats on the TCM if it was done by someone else.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    No, 2017+ TCMs are strange. Once unlocked, HPTuners will still read the TCM, but a message pops up and you are presented with STOCK TCM tune generated by HPTuners. You have no way of telling whats on the TCM if it was done by someone else.
    I presume the stock tcm tune presented is the tune of your tcm and not some generic tune 8 speed tune. so what your saying I can never retrieve tcm tune by a read. must use stock tune supplied by HP tuners and change it then write it.

Advanced Tuner
    ? Is that correct

2017+ TCMs get sent out to get modified so they can be tuned but then will only read out a "stock" file. otherwise, as they come from GM, they are not readable and HPT as far as I know, are the only ones who can do anything at all with them. you can flash a modified file but it will still only spit out a stock read.

not unlike dodge viper ecm's either that take 20 credits to license and read out a preset file also.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for all the help guys....My tuner modified my tcm tune today downloaded it and after i flashed it went back in and read it back sent me a stock tune back,,LMAO

anyways one other strange thing happen too after i flashed the tune car would not run showed a bunch of codes and went into limp mode..cleared the codes unplugged the battery and recoonected and then it was fine

these 2017s are strange for sure and triple the money to tune than my 2016 c7

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    I presume the stock tcm tune presented is the tune of your tcm and not some generic tune 8 speed tune. so what your saying I can never retrieve tcm tune by a read. must use stock tune supplied by HP tuners and change it then write it.
    Correct... if you read it, you will always get a stock tune.. it is what it is..

I only read 1 time after unloc to save stock tune data. I have used modified trans/pcm files since that point. If I ever need to return to stock, I just reflash the saved stock tune file