Thread: first time i attemp changing os number , just want to be sure before

Tuner in Training

first time i attemp changing os number , just want to be sure before

I have a customer impala 2010 v6 3.9 with a burned ecm , and i have licenced a 2008 4cylinder ecu , exactly the same e37 ecu with the same service number . I have found a stock 2010 impala v6 3.9 tune in repository but i cannot segment swap the motor section because of the different os number between both ecu. The stock impala 2010 tune i have found is perfect for me , i can swap vin number to match my car into this tune . Should i pay a second licence for the 2010 impala tune to do a complete rewite of the ecu to make it work on my 4cyl ecu ? Just want to make sure before paying a second time , this is the way to make it work right . Thx , i do a lot of custom tune for my customer in my area and swapping os number from compatible ecu is one thing missing to my knowledge. Thx for reply , want to be sure before paying another licence

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We would NOT recommend using someone elses file in your vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Flashing a 2008 E37 with a 2010 File may brick it even if you use dealer tools. Don't do it, you will lose the ECM and the license.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    So , my only option is try at my risk ? or i can change os number manualy to segment swap ? this e37 ecm with service number 12612397 , gm sell it like a replacement for both car and more modele, and from year 2007 to 2012 in these car . I have done reserch before trying the first time to make it done . to be sure this is the same and right ecu to use , exept the programation inside

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    and for the os number , if i want to do tryout changing it to make segment swap , any way to do it ? and if i buy User Defined Parameters Feature at 169,99$ , what i can do different versus the normal vcm editor and i assume just buying 1 time for always can be used futur or older tune ? Thx , i have these question for a moment