Thread: 5.3 ls on 4l80e with segment swap tcc lock up issue

Tuner in Training

5.3 ls on 4l80e with segment swap tcc lock up issue

Like title says 5.3 on 4l80e with segment swap under same OS# the transmission goes into gear fine but once it gets warm itll stall when i place it in drive. My reverse works with no problem its just my drive that stalls. I did the vss and iss and repinned the main transmission connector. Now i am getting a p1810 pending history and a 1860 and pending current on my hp tuner scanner. When the transmission does work it runs through gears as it should to include down shift but then after it warms up itll stall at idle in drive. I also dis a tcc lock up test i placed it in drive ( when the torque converter wasnt locked one day) and i manually activated the tcc solenoid and it stalled the engine so it seems that commanding it does work could it be the transmission pressure switch causing the torque converter to lock ?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone ?

Tuner in Training
    I read that a sonaxxx boost valve would help can it be installed with out removing transmission ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy86 View Post
    I read that a sonaxxx boost valve would help can it be installed with out removing transmission ?
    True. I did it without removing the trans. Drop the pan and get the filter out of the way. There's a snap ring that must be removed. You'll have to fiddle with the old part before it falls out... reinstall in the reverse order.

I bought the Sonnax improved boost valve with the o rings around it (Part #34200-01K). I did not buy the stiffer spring. I also bought the line pressure regulator valve (Part #34200-14K) and installed it at the same time. A few weeks prior, I also replaced the pressure manifold switch. unfortunately, my setup continues to throw an 1810 code and goes into limp mode. The new parts (plus the new fluid and filter) certainly helped, but it still goes into limp mode.

Tuner
    could be tune related, lets see the tune file.