Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converted my H3 to LS3 Monster!!

Tuner in Training
    That looks like a pretty big issue...

So I looked under spark and retard and there's a bunch of things listed there. It looks like the best choice would be the first one which is simply called knock retard or the second one called total knock retard. Either of these though need to have a functioning knock sensor in order to "retard" so how do I set up a channel to simply show if I'm getting an actual "knock"?

Pick the one that just says knock retard for now. Once added to the channels list it will display knock there, it will display knock retard in the charts as you already have knock retard as a selected PID but it remains blank because it's not currently being logged. It should also display knock retard in the graphs as there is should already be a pre-made graph to log spark knock there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    As a newbie I have a dumb question that I can't seem to find in any of the forums but maybe I just don't know where to look. In my scanner my fuel trims are charted as KPa vs rpm but when I go into the editor I can only find VE Initial Correction Factor which is kPa vs coolant temp (under airflow, dynamic).

The only other places I can find that are similar are under Airflow, General and they are VE lo Altd ect charted as RPM vs TPS and all of these are zeros.

So where do I put the corrections for my fuel trims?? I've watched lots of videos and I think I'm finally understanding that the basis of any good tune is to get the VE correct (which in non-boosted engines should always be something under 1.0). Example: If my fuel trims show I'm +10 at 85 pPa vs 2400 rpm where would that correction go in my editor??

Sorry for the super basic question but believe me I've tried to find it and my tune file doesn't have any good option under "general".

junk.jpg

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...tarted-Threads

The fuel trim thread in here shows the step by step.

The VVE editor is under your edit tab. If you choose to edit the VVE first, you need to disable the MAF sensor in the tune to prevent skewed data. Most choose to do the MAF first, then work on the VVE later but it really doesn't matter what you do first.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the fast response. I'll dive right into that thread.