Thread: Intercooler pump map odd stock pratio kpa axis question.

Intercooler pump map odd stock pratio kpa axis question.

Is it pratio or kpa on that axis? Stock on mine is laid out to 10.6 and when I remap it to pratio I cant go back that high and reset to stock without reverting back to older tune.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    Is it pratio or kpa on that axis? Stock on mine is laid out to 10.6 and when I remap it to pratio I cant go back that high and reset to stock without reverting back to older tune.
    What did you come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bh View Post
    What did you come up with?
    Nothing just running with it after the change without being able to go back. It is something that tuning doesn't seem to transfer out to real world. The capacity of the system is more dependent on alot of air movement and not what the coolant pump can only do. So track testing and driving back and forth one car has the big core like a bwoody addon 3.5 core. It can get more passes before heat soak sits in but on the interstate stock and it are the same. With a tazer in the fall when I got mine I could make passes without high IAT pulling timing. Tazer does pose other problems as low battery is a constant struggle even with 40 amp charger. We killed batteries on both cars in the pits. I think more coolant capacity is what helps the other car the most. The one without also cools down quicker with the tazer then the other but it doesnt see as high a rise in a pass.

Tuner in Training
    Nothing just running with it after the change without being able to go back. It is something that tuning doesn't seem to transfer out to real world. The capacity of the system is more dependent on alot of air movement and not what the coolant pump can only do. So track testing and driving back and forth one car has the big core like a bwoody addon 3.5 core. It can get more passes before heat soak sits in but on the interstate stock and it are the same. With a tazer in the fall when I got mine I could make passes without high IAT pulling timing. Tazer does pose other problems as low battery is a constant struggle even with 40 amp charger. We killed batteries on both cars in the pits. I think more coolant capacity is what helps the other car the most. The one without also cools down quicker with the tazer then the other but it doesnt see as high a rise in a pass.
    Cool. Wasn’t sure if anyone has seen any benefits with changing these parameters. Was going to experiment with a killer chiller and pump speed but raising speed doesn’t always correlate with reduced temps.

Thanks for post.

Advanced Tuner
    I think Josh@OST has done some work with these tables. Hopefully he will chime in.

Advanced Tuner
    All of the intercooler pump speed tables I have modified are based on IC temp vs. PRatio(kPa). I never attempted to modify the x-axis. In our race tunes I have the pump running full speed down to 32 degrees. The data logs show that the pumps are running full tilt down the return road - which was our goal. We have not used a Killer Chiller at this point since the pump changes combined with the Tazer w/battery charger does the trick for us.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    All of the intercooler pump speed tables I have modified are based on IC temp vs. PRatio(kPa). I never attempted to modify the x-axis. In our race tunes I have the pump running full speed down to 32 degrees. The data logs show that the pumps are running full tilt down the return road - which was our goal. We have not used a Killer Chiller at this point since the pump changes combined with the Tazer w/battery charger does the trick for us.
    Yeah they all seems to do what commanded but the tazer did more then changing the maps ever did is what I was trying to get at. To be able to run the fans full tilt with the pump full tilt with the engine off you can feel the cooler lines actually cool down pretty quickly.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah they all seems to do what commanded but the tazer did more then changing the maps ever did is what I was trying to get at. To be able to run the fans full tilt with the pump full tilt with the engine off you can feel the cooler lines actually cool down pretty quickly.
    That is correct! I believe the way we have the Tazer set up it alternates the fans and intercooler pump at high speed - like the old school "Tic Tock switches". I also had hoped we could make something similar happen in the tune but was not successful.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Advanced Tuner
    i know its been 5 years but i recently started using cooldown mode in tazer for my '16 scat and am concerned that when i do it confuses the computers/and or sensors. i have seen my trans temp report at 260 deg in the logs and on the evic which i believe is as high as the gauge goes so i wonder what value the computers are seeing and how that might effect shifting?

thanks