Thread: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt FIT files

Potential Tuner

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt FIT files

I am about to purchase a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt to use on my mountainbike. It produces (only) FIT files. I did not see this Wahoo navigator in the list of compatible FIT files for the most recent version of RaceRender. Does this mean it is not compatible?

The list on our website represents some common choices, but it is only a partial list of data sources that have been known or reported to work with RaceRender. Although I have not seen any data from your specific product, if it continually logs GPS data in standard FIT file format like many others do, then I would expect it to work.

If you do happen to find that it has some problem, please e-mail the .FIT file to me at Info@RaceRender.com, and I can investigate further.

Potential Tuner
    Hello Weston. I just sent you a FIT file from my Elemnt Bolt.

Thanks for sending the file. It seems to be a somewhat unusual use of the .FIT format that doesn't open in other viewers that I've tried, including Garmin's BaseCamp, so I'm looking deeper to determine what we have to work with here. The good news is that I do see what appears to be GPS data, so hopefully there will be a way to get it to load...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the work you put in it Weston. I also tried other viewers and have no problem opening these FIT files in RideWithGPS https://ridewithgps.com/
    There's GPS data and also data from a speed sensor and a heart rate sensor.
    Last edited by janvangastel; 10-20-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Good news! I was able to get this working, and all tests look good, so it will be supported in RaceRender version 3.6.2. I hope to release that later today...

The complication was that this file uses an unusual, but technically not invalid, scheme for defining the data within it. I hadn't seen anything else do it this way before, but now our .FIT loader has the flexibility to support this and other situations as well.

Potential Tuner

Using FitSDK to generate CSV from Fit.

You also have the option of converting the Fit file into a CSV file using the FitSDK available at https://www.thisisant.com/resources/fit
    and then imputing to RaceRender. But I see you've solved your problem already so this may no longer be relevant. While the Fit file format
    Wahoo uses may be unusual, I can assure you that it is 100% compliant and valid.