Thread: 2005 4l60e and T42 issues.

Tuner in Training

2005 4l60e and T42 issues.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help on my 2005 Colorado LS6 swap. The truck was originally a 2.8L with the 4l60e. The input shaft on the trans was swapped to fit the 300mm shaft and harness, ECM (E40) and TCM (T42) and all other necessary swap parts came from Current Performance. The truck is running a cammed LS6 with a 3000ish stall, circle D converter.

Now my Dilemma.

This is my first venture into dealing with Gen IV controllers and separate TCMs. Initially when I got the truck started and running I attempted to put it in gear, I got a small amount of forward movement and then the truck slipped, I thought maybe it was the converter that was extremely loose, I shifted to Reverse and the transmission engaged as it should with little to no slip. I notice the shift indicator was displaying 1st gear regardless of shifter position. This lead me to look further into the tune and realize the trans tables were basically empty so I copied over everything from an 06 Trailblazer.

This fixed the gear indicator position but still will not display D, only shows PRN-321. Also now I have no forward movement what so ever. Upon reviewing the scanner it appears the trans is showing only that the current gear is 2nd despite being placed in any of the other forward drive gears (D321), If I put the shifter in PRN it switches correctly.

Is this something that could be wrong in the tune preventing the forward movement? Or, does this sound like a mechanical issue within the transmission and if so do you guys know if there is any way to determine the cause beside the obvious tear down?

Thanks in advance!

Tuner in Training
    I'm sure a scan log would be helpful. What parameters would be helpful in pin pointing the issue? I can get a log tomorrow.

Potential Tuner
    did you ever get this fixed

Tuner in Training
    Just got it fixed today. Turned out to be a mechanical issue inside the transmission.

Got it all put together and the trans now has forward movement but no speedo and no shifting. Feels like the truck starts in 2nd gear. I'm thinking it is an tune issue trying to get the T42 to control the 2005 4l60e.

I will try a few things tomorrow and post up what I figure out.

Tuner in Training
    No luck with this so far. Licensed a file from the repository and tried to flash it into my setup and I fear I may have bricked the ECM. I will make a new post in the correct sub-forum with the details.