Thread: can't flash car after licensing

can't flash car after licensing

I don't know what's going on but I bought an extra 2 credits to tune my 2011 ZR1, I read the file from the car, then it asked me if I wanted to license it, I said yes, it used both credits. When I check the license I can see it now has my 2011 vette in there, but after modifying the stock file and saving it, it won't let me flash it, it's asking to license it. Heck if I try to flash the the tune I literally read to the car it won't let me flash it.
    I did get this message after I read the stock file that it doesn't belong to my car....but I've bought that car brand new off the showroom with 3 miles on it and it never ever has ever seen a tune...

I've licensed cars before without any issues by the way (this is number 4 I believe)...kinda lost

I fixed the issue....wow, I guess that's what happens when you don't use it often enough and missed upgrades but here what happened (for the sake of closure):

the reader window would show two ECM (don't ask me why it did I have no clue), and would read both, but the second one is the one that was giving me that error. I selected "don't read" on that one, and the error went away, it asked me to save the file as usual, and now I'm able to flash the car. Go figure, I have no idea why it sees two ecm's...maybe someone in the know can tell me why?
    hpt reader.jpg

Thanks Codes,
    wonder why the help aection wasn't updated. i clearly remember going to it to verify if i was doing something wrong and the licensing process showned did not reflect that info.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage2991 View Post
    I fixed the issue....wow, I guess that's what happens when you don't use it often enough and missed upgrades but here what happened (for the sake of closure):

the reader window would show two ECM (don't ask me why it did I have no clue), and would read both, but the second one is the one that was giving me that error. I selected "don't read" on that one, and the error went away, it asked me to save the file as usual, and now I'm able to flash the car. Go figure, I have no idea why it sees two ecm's...maybe someone in the know can tell me why?
    hpt reader.jpg
    Same thing happened to my ZR1. Did you end up losing credits because of this? Thanks

Thank you for the information. It gave me an idea to solve the problem on my machine. I hadn't even thought about upgrading. It's just that when I bought the car, I checked its history with https://www.car.co.uk/car-valuation, so that various "surprises" wouldn't be found out later, when in use. Plus, I was given a definite price for this car and information from service centres that repairs to the electronics were taking place. So I was sure that was the problem. But it turned out that it wasn't and a system update was sufficient.
    Last edited by Cabardin; 06-13-2021 at 06:45 AM.