Thread: Gen 3 MAP into a LS3 Intake Manifold

Gen 3 MAP into a LS3 Intake Manifold

So we all know the arguments with running the 128kpa reading map sensor with a controller that only has breakpoints up to 105kpa leaving you with less resolution out of your sensor. The map sensor port on a LS3 intake is too big to run the correct sensor for the controller. Over the years I have resolved this issue in various ways on different builds trying to find a better solution. I swapped a LSX376-b8(steel block LS3) into my personal C5: http://www.mp3car.com/forum/general/...corvette-droid So I have got to spend time hunting the right solution. And I found it and it is such a proper, professional, and correct solution that I had to share it here. Because this is the end all correct map sensor solution for an LS3 swap with a gen 3 controller.

The two sensors use different size mounting holes with the ls3 sensor being larger..

So we are a magnuson dealer. We install a lot of Superchargers. And let me tell you, Magnuson has the right correct solution. just labeled differently. Let me show you..

For Magnuson it is much easier to make just one blower casing and make this adapter so if you mount this blower to a pre 2008 car you can still use the oem map sensor. Because we are a Magnuson dealer and we have installed so many and some need this some don't, there was an extra laying around.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 10-07-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Well Maybe these conversions are less commonplace than I thought. But we do a lot of them where I come from. There's my car..

This is a 2004 Lemans edition Z06 we swapped an LS3 into..

Here's another 2004 c5 we swapped an lsx376(low comp steel block forged LS3) into..

Here is a LS3/480 being prepped to go into a 2002 z28 Camaro..

here is a better picture of that 480hp Camaro..

And the 2004 blown lsx roadster..

Maybe it is just me swapping so many rectangle port motors into cathedral port cars.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 10-09-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Is that sleeve glued in place? Or is there a lip?

Tuner
    Interested to know that myself, looks like there is a lip top and bottom of the sleeve but just may be the photo. Good work AutoWiz, some peeps have all the fun .

Yes there is a slight lip so the sleeve wont go all the way in. It is a precise fit but I put some sealant on the outer edge of the sleeve anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Codes View Post
    ... some peeps have all the fun
    All the fun..

Last edited by AutoWiz; 10-10-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Hey Autowiz, can you pm me a link or some info on where to buy that sleeve kit to adapt the ls1 map into an ls3?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TopFlite View Post
    Hey Autowiz, can you pm me a link or some info on where to buy that sleeve kit to adapt the ls1 map into an ls3?
    Did you ever receive a part number? If so please post it or PM me the details. Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post

So we all know the arguments with running the 128kpa reading map sensor with a controller that only has breakpoints up to 105kpa leaving you with less resolution out of your sensor. The map sensor port on a LS3 intake is too big to run the correct sensor for the controller. Over the years I have resolved this issue in various ways on different builds trying to find a better solution. I swapped a LSX376-b8(steel block LS3) into my personal C5: http://www.mp3car.com/forum/general/...corvette-droid So I have got to spend time hunting the right solution. And I found it and it is such a proper, professional, and correct solution that I had to share it here. Because this is the end all correct map sensor solution for an LS3 swap with a gen 3 controller.

The two sensors use different size mounting holes with the ls3 sensor being larger..

So we are a magnuson dealer. We install a lot of Superchargers. And let me tell you, Magnuson has the right correct solution. just labeled differently. Let me show you..

For Magnuson it is much easier to make just one blower casing and make this adapter so if you mount this blower to a pre 2008 car you can still use the oem map sensor. Because we are a Magnuson dealer and we have installed so many and some need this some don't, there was an extra laying around.
    Part number please!! Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Whats the part for that adapter? I am planing on swaping a LS3 into a 4th gen Monte SS and will need to run a LS1 map sensor or buy a map sensor adapter.

Potential Tuner
    Nice product but I just put 2 O-rings around the LS1 MAP with no issues.

To hijack a little (sorry!) been wondering a lot why Gen 4 MAF disconnected stalls the vehicle while the Gen 3 just goes into SD and runs perfect. Sorry for the side track
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Potential Tuner
    I got ahold of Magnuson and ordered the Bushing and the bracket from them.

Bushing PN 69-53-00-000 was $3.00
    Bracket PN 65-12-02-009 was $10.00

I picked up the bolt from GM PN 11562253 was 1.87