Thread: 2017 f150 eco 3.5 ethanol logging

2017 f150 eco 3.5 ethanol logging

anyone know where this is the scanner. I'm trying to see what the ethanol % is in the fuel.
    F350 DRW 6.0 4 bar
    SRT8 Jeep Vortech 2 bar
    2002 SS, Turbo 3 bar.

Potential Tuner
    I know factory scan tool is ffinf- flex fuel inferred

thank you for the help, I don't see it in the latest beta.
    F350 DRW 6.0 4 bar
    SRT8 Jeep Vortech 2 bar
    2002 SS, Turbo 3 bar.

Advanced Tuner
    I am pretty sure any ecoboost will not be able to read ethanol content due to its inability to be a flex fuel vehicle with factory components. I could be wrong, but I believe the naturally aspirated engines are the only ones with this ability.

Kris

Tuner in Training
    Flex fuel logic is there on the 15+ ecoboost PCMs, just not enabled. SCT has the switch visible. When I enabled it I could log ethanol content. Ethanol content is inferred based on feedback from the o2 sensors. Eric said the required parameters are on his to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by sc544x4f150 View Post
    Flex fuel logic is there on the 15+ ecoboost PCMs, just not enabled. SCT has the switch visible. When I enabled it I could log ethanol content. Ethanol content is inferred based on feedback from the o2 sensors. Eric said the required parameters are on his to do list.
    that would be awesome. then you can just add what ever amount of E85 and not have to worry about changing the stoich setting.
    F350 DRW 6.0 4 bar
    SRT8 Jeep Vortech 2 bar
    2002 SS, Turbo 3 bar.

any update on the ethanol content
    F350 DRW 6.0 4 bar
    SRT8 Jeep Vortech 2 bar
    2002 SS, Turbo 3 bar.

Alcohol Percent is not loggable unless the vehicle has flex fuel enabled. If it does, a Repoll For Supported Parameters should pick it up.
    Even so, on Ford this is an inferred value from the inference logic which needs to be calibrated.

None of the Ecoboosts I'm aware of currently have any of the Flex Fuel stuff shown. There's a lot left uncalibrated on an Ecoboost in the Flex Fuel tables, and so its a project to get it calibrated and running. I know its something on the table that we want to support, but no ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Alcohol Percent is not loggable unless the vehicle has flex fuel enabled. If it does, a Repoll For Supported Parameters should pick it up.
    Even so, on Ford this is an inferred value from the inference logic which needs to be calibrated.

None of the Ecoboosts I'm aware of currently have any of the Flex Fuel stuff shown. There's a lot left uncalibrated on an Ecoboost in the Flex Fuel tables, and so its a project to get it calibrated and running. I know its something on the table that we want to support, but no ETA.
    how about now? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post

How about now?