Thread: Intro

Tuner in Training

Intro

I don't mean to clutter the forum, but I am now a new owner of a suite. I've posted one other time on here after I had installed an LDK into my Cobalt SS. I've now got some 3 bar sensors on the way. My plan is very modest and conservative. For now I'm going to adjust my stock file according to the gms1 file in the repository. The car is my DD and I don't want to go through another engine or whatever parts of I can help it, but I wouldn't mind a little more zip. I justify it because GM said I could:-D I've been studying the differences between the gms1 and the stock tune files and trying to understand what those differences mean. I've been figuring out how the software works as I do that, including figuring out that some of the differences are the axis values. My first write was done on our new-to-us 2007 Tahoe by disabling displacement on demand. Figured I'd stay small. Anyways, I appreciate MikeM173's help especially from my last post. Thanks in advance for your help!

PS I have zero intentions of tuning other people's cars. Just mine and my uncle's (we bought the suite together)

Tuner
    Start here--> http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides

There is some good info in there and MikeM173 has some very good threads he started that I don't think ever got linked to the LNF bible thread.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Shoot, let me do it for you and then you can just learn from it
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Tuner in Training
    Ha! I'm a big learn-by-doing type. I may need to enlist your help when I try to smooth out the idle. That was the other (main) reason I finally pulled the trigger.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
    Start here--> http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides

There is some good info in there and MikeM173 has some very good threads he started that I don't think ever got linked to the LNF bible thread.
    If you find them and pm me the link is I'll add them in there for you

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by exninja View Post
    Ha! I'm a big learn-by-doing type. I may need to enlist your help when I try to smooth out the idle. That was the other (main) reason I finally pulled the trigger.
    No problem. PM me when you're ready

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    If you find them and pm me the link is I'll add them in there for you
    Will do.

Advanced Tuner
    I appreciate the call out, but I think some of these guys are better than me at tuning. I just did what I could to help the community. T-Man is a pretty good guy if you have any questions, along with CSSOB, and even Area (though he does mostly LSJ stuff if I remember correctly). Those are the real heroes on the forum.