Thread: Separate Start/Finish points?

Potential Tuner

Separate Start/Finish points?

I race hare scrambles and I'm having a hard time with the lap counters. I can either get it to count the first lap, or the last lap but not both. The issue is we start just ahead of the actual lap timing position and enter the course. Then when leaving the course we exit before the place where we entered the track.

So for instance we start at S and go right following the arrows and exit the track at E. Typically the timing point is near the red mark and just before the exit. I have tried putting the start finish line at the green mark and I never technically finish the last lap since we exit the track before the green mark. If I set it to the red mark the entire first lap isn't counted. Is there a way I can work around this issue? I am reocording video with go pro 3+ and nmea data with my phone using nmea tools.

That's a bit of a unique case, which we don't have an automated solution for at this time... Normally, a data system would split each run into separate sessions or provide the specialized lap timing for that type of event, but with raw data you're left relying on RaceRender to calculate the laps.

One option is that with the latest RaceRender update, version 3.6.1, you do have the option to manually edit your laps and lap times (click the "Laps" button, then "Edit Lap Times" at the bottom left), so you could do something like setting the timing point to the start, and then enter in your official run times (or determine for yourself when you crossed the finish), as well as add a lap for the in-between time (so that your next real lap isn't out of sync).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    That's a bit of a unique case, which we don't have an automated solution for at this time... Normally, a data system would split each run into separate sessions or provide the specialized lap timing for that type of event, but with raw data you're left relying on RaceRender to calculate the laps.

One option is that with the latest RaceRender update, version 3.6.1, you do have the option to manually edit your laps and lap times (click the "Laps" button, then "Edit Lap Times" at the bottom left), so you could do something like setting the timing point to the start, and then enter in your official run times (or determine for yourself when you crossed the finish), as well as add a lap for the in-between time (so that your next real lap isn't out of sync).
    That helps with the best lap time for sure. One other point when I do that the lap time starts from the beginning of the video before I even start moving? and way to start the time when I start moving?