Thread: Going turbo on my 15 silverado, Have some questions on fuel and meth...

Going turbo on my 15 silverado, Have some questions on fuel and meth...

Decide it to go turbo on my 15 Silverado, right now its full bolt on with 36 multi disk converter, cam and nitrous. Truck runs good I just want to try a turbo.
    I'm going with a boost cam and at least a 76mm turbo kit nothing big and around 10/12 lbs.

Going to tune it in MAF seen people here going SD but that's just to much for me.

What map senor works in this trucks or can I just leave the stock one?
    I've read a lot on the fuel system, What is something that I should use or do before going meth, or how much boost can the stock fuel system hold? I'm using meth after fuel max thinking around the 10/12 lbs. I'm starting with low boost just to make sure fuel its good and know where the fuel gives up, this is the first DI I'm doing boost and read that the fuel system its kind of tricky. Now should I just leave the MAF curve alone and take off fuel from the PE so I can make it up with meth?

Would like to go e85 but not to convince since e85 takes more fuel don't want to have trouble making it work.

Did I ask to much? Just trying to have some opinions.

I can't comment on how far the fuel system goes as I don't know enough about the DI motors fuel limits.

It's best to tune the VVE and MAF, you do not have to do a straight speed density tune but you should at least tune the VVE into low boost and then have it switch over to MAF like the factory does to keep transient fueling good.

You will want/need to log boost so a stock MAP is not going to cut it, it will max out around 128-130kpa. A ZR1/ZL1 3 bar map should plug right in and the linear and offset settings are the only two things that need to be changed for that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I would have to make layout to log VVE? I've have never mess with the VVE.

I have a ZR1 map sensor I would use it.

VCM scanner section has write up's for tuning the VVE with a wideband and fuel trims.

You will have to use the VVE editor to extend the table for 2 bar and then "build" the VVE past 100kpa because when you extend the table it will nose dive, when you see it you'll understand. It's not hard to just make a general table the follows what the factory table already looks like to make it smooth.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Will have to try it.
    What's the difference or how well tuning the VVE works on the truck? I use to have a turbo 2010 but was just MAF only on 13 lbs, I've never mess with the VVE.

I would only use SD only you run out of Maf or if it is just too noisy

Tuning the VVE on many applications can do wonders for transient fueling and part throttle to medium throttle tuning.

On the newer vehicle using the MAF is still totally do-able, they can handle so much airflow it's crazy. To me the key is to make sure the MAF is in a straight piece of tubing with a good laminar airflow across the MAF sensor, using a honey comb air straightener is a great idea.

^^Yes they do my 2010 did good up to 15 lbs.
    I never try tuning the VVE now I will would like to see how good it performs on cruise mode.

I know this new trucks have 96.5lb injectors, searching around I've seen that the mechanical fuel pump its the one limiting the fuel after increasing the power? Seen a lot using methanol.

I might be behind but have they use the LT1/LT4 mechanical fuel pump on the trucks?
    Last edited by =fast=; 10-12-2017 at 03:03 PM.

I try to steer people away from using meth as a fueling band aid.
    Port injection with a low pressure fuel pump upgrade is the better solution.
    Let me know if you need some help figuring that out.

Chris
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I will send you a message.^^

Ok so I think I just figure out that's if I can, run the lt4 injectors and the lt4 mechanical fuel pump on the L83 and will have more fuel...