Thread: How do I plot a flight path?

Potential Tuner The Aussie Viking's Avatar

How do I plot a flight path?

I recently took a 360 degree panoramic camera up on a flight in a Cessna from Seattle to McMinniville, OR. I am trying to use the telemetry (most is awesome) but I cannot find a way to make it lay down a progressive flight path with the Aircraft icon laying down the track.

Any ideas welcome!

To make it look like the current position icon (ie the airplane image in this case) is drawing the map, you could enable the map's "Color Progress" checkbox, and then disable the "Draw Map" box...

The catch here is that I did notice an issue where this wont work on lap zero, which is what you'd always be on if there are no laps in your data, so I'll get that fixed in our next program update... In the meantime, here's a workaround that should help:

1) Click on the "Laps" button (at the middle top of the main screen)
    2) Click its "Edit Lap Times" button (bottom left)
    3) Set Lap 0 to be zero length, and then Lap 1 to be slightly shorter than data file's length (double click on the data file in the Input Files list to see its length).

For example, if the data file is 14:34.404 long, I would enter these as the laps:

Lap 0: 0
    Lap 1: 14:33

Potential Tuner The Aussie Viking's Avatar
    Perfect!!!! Just what I wanted. I'm making a movie clip of our visit to see the Spruce Goose and had the telemetry from a VSN360 Camera to use. With your aviation gauges and me adding temperature and Barometer you can see what the flight is like. I'm speeding it up 10x to not bore people. I'm sure the drone people will love being able to track against a map without it needing to be laps