Thread: OEM Reflash Override HP Tune?

Potential Tuner

OEM Reflash Override HP Tune?

Hello everyone,

I've previously had my vehicle tuned with diablosport CMR tuner. For some reason my vehicle would not perform as expected. I ended up switching to HP Tuner with amazing results. My vehicle performs like a champ!
    Although I have a concern regarding reflashing my pcm with required reflash from Dodge. Will the Dodge trouble call reflash override the HP tuning?

thank you

Tuner in Training
    Dodge flashing will overwrite all of the tune. it will then be stock

Yes after a Dealer Update you will have to re-license the PCM and copy and paste your tune into the new o/s

Potential Tuner
    Wanted to verify this procedure with HP Tuners not sure on the process since I'm new to HP Tuners.

See if I have this right, I have to re-license the PCM after the new calibration id reflash from Dodge.
    What do you mean by re license?
    Is this an additional charge from HP Tuners?

If the PCM is flashed with a update from the dealer that flash has a diffrent os id then what was on the PCM. Thus Breaking the license you had since the O/S has changed you will have to Re-license the PCM with another 2 credits. Then open the new tune file and open your tune file from before the update flash and copy and paste your tuned file over to your new file.

this will cost 2 credits since you have to Re-license the PCM

if you flash your previous tune, using write entire, you don't need to licence the new OS.

Potential Tuner
    I see.. Thanks