Thread: Getting Session of my iPhone ios11

Potential Tuner

Getting Session of my iPhone ios11

I have the latest TrackAddict on my iPhone on iOS11 and no matter what length Session, trying to render and save to my album crashes right at the end of the render. I then installed RaceRender on my Mac and tried Wi-fi share. My mac shows up, but immediately fails to share with "unreliable network or not enough space on device". I was able to wifi share it to an older iPhone also on iOS11, but render fails there as well and sharing with RaceRender fails the same way. Anyone successfully running this with iOS11?

Could you tell me which iPhone model you have, and what video settings you had used (ie 1080p, 4K, 60 FPS, etc)? We've recently had some reports of rendering / save-to-album failures on iOS 11, but I'm still trying to replicate the problem here, as it doesn't seem to affect all users...

As for the WiFi transfer, that usually indicates that the connection is dropping or timing out. It may help to move closer to your WiFi router, or to switch from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or vice versa (if your router offers both). You can also always connect to your computer via its USB cable and use iTunes to copy the files to your computer.

Potential Tuner
    Recorded at 1080p@30fps on iPhone 8. Wifi transferred to iPhone 6, so wifi seems to be fine for phone to phone communication. When trying wifi sharing with the computer, the error pops up immediately from either phone, i.e. doesn't seem to even wait for a timeout.

Unfortunately I seem to have messed something up with iTunes right now, so the iTunes sharing option is also off the table.

Just to further narrow it down, just tried to record a couple of seconds only on the iPhone 6 in both 1080p and 720p and either one crashes at the end of the render

Update:

I was able to get the files via iTunes sharing, but RaceRender fails to load with "Unrecognized or unsupported file format". I had to manually install RaceRender, might there be some codec support that I need? The .MOV will also not open in Quicktime, but does in VLC.

Update 2

Looks like the source is MPEG-H Part/HEVC (H.265). Wonder if that is the problem with the on device render?
    Last edited by sdether; 10-13-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Same issue here, recorded 1080@30fps on a iPhone 6 running iOS 11.0.3. When I try to save to album it acts like it is going fine then at the end it just goes blank and returns to my main iPhone screen. I was able to wifi transferred to my iPad without issue. I was able to save to album from my iPad.

Tuner in Training
    Not working for me on my iPad Air MF010LL/A running iOS 11.0.3 and TrackAddict v3.6.3.

The session I am trying to render was recorded on an iPhone 5 and wifi transferred to the iPad. Was recorded in 1080p30. The video plays fine in TrackAddict on both devices, but when I try to do the Share/Save Video+Data to Album the app closes when the progress bar gets to the end.
    Last edited by Robertsmania; 10-15-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Thank you all for the reports. It turns out that this was due to a subtle and obscure permissions system change in iOS 11, related to adding items (like exported videos) to your photo album. The problem doesn't trigger on most devices that had already used this functionality prior to updating to iOS 11, as the user had already granted broader permissions under Apple's previous scheme, so it didn't show up in testing or early attempts to reproduce it.

I have resolved the problem and submitted the update to Apple this morning, as version 3.6.4. Based on recent experience, it usually only takes them a couple days to approve our updates and roll it out to users, so I'd expect to see it by the end of this week...

Update: Apple has approved the v3.6.4 update to our "Pro" app, and users should be able to get that now or very soon. The same update for our standard free app (the one which can be upgraded to Pro) is currently in review, and I'd expect that to complete and become available to users within the next 24 hours...

Potential Tuner

Angry Track Addict failing to render footage when transferring to storage on IPhone 7s

Quote Originally Posted by sdether View Post
    I have the latest TrackAddict on my iPhone on iOS11 and no matter what length Session, trying to render and save to my album crashes right at the end of the render. I then installed RaceRender on my Mac and tried Wi-fi share. My mac shows up, but immediately fails to share with "unreliable network or not enough space on device". I was able to wifi share it to an older iPhone also on iOS11, but render fails there as well and sharing with RaceRender fails the same way. Anyone successfully running this with iOS11?
    This was a great tool for recording my race footage and I was very happy with it but now it is terrible. I can not render any of my race sessions and I am getting really frustrated with it... can the IT guys please fix this !!!! because it is now just about useless for me.

I can view my race sessions and the data and times are great, but as soon as I try to render it to my IPhone storage it fails, I am using an IPhone 7s ISO 11.2.5 recording 1080p/30

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    This was a great tool for recording my race footage and I was very happy with it but now it is terrible. I can not render any of my race sessions and I am getting really frustrated with it... can the IT guys please fix this !!!! because it is now just about useless for me.

I can view my race sessions and the data and times are great, but as soon as I try to render it to my IPhone storage it fails, I am using an IPhone 7s ISO 11.2.5 recording 1080p/30
    This would appear to be a different issue from the rest of this thread, as the original problem (a permissions change in iOS 11) was resolved back in version 3.6.4.

Can you please let us know the following details:

1) When did this problem start occurring? Did it coincide with any iOS update or other change?

2) At what point does it fail to render? As soon as you press the "Render Video" button? After it has been processing for some time? Or, at the end?

3) How is the failure being indicated to you? What message(s) appear on screen?

4) What version of TrackAddict are you using (as indicated on the main Setup screen)?

There are two common causes for what you described:

A) The app was not granted permissions to save to your photo album, or that permission was revoked. Please launch the system's Settings app, go to Privacy -> Photos, and allow TrackAddict.

B) The phone has insufficient free storage space.
    . i) You can see the amount of space available by going into your phone's Settings app -> General -> About, and then looking at the "Available" storage line. You should have many GB available. If that's low, that may be your problem.
    . ii) You can reduce the amount of space needed for your video output by selecting fewer laps, or just one lap, in the laps list on the screen before you go to render your video.
    . iii) Sometimes a pending system or app update may reserve storage space and cause that to still appear to be available, when the system is actually blocking apps from using it. Please ensure that you have installed all iOS updates and all app updates, restart your phone, and then try it again.

Tuner in Training
    Reviving this thread. I have iphone 8 and latest paid trackaddicts version. And plenty of avail storage.

App crashes when i try rendering to album... it has always done it with my 8 but if i keep trying it may work. BUT recently it will not with multiple attempts after the last app update.

FYI: never had this issue with my 6S

Tuner in Training
    Let me clarify a little more... it will save 1 lap to album, but 7-ish+ minutes it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshBoody View Post
    Reviving this thread. I have iphone 8 and latest paid trackaddicts version. And plenty of avail storage.

App crashes when i try rendering to album... it has always done it with my 8 but if i keep trying it may work. BUT recently it will not with multiple attempts after the last app update.

FYI: never had this issue with my 6S
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshBoody View Post
    Let me clarify a little more... it will save 1 lap to album, but 7-ish+ minutes it will not.
    Thanks for the report. Usually, if it's happening to longer videos but not shorter ones, then it's either due to low storage space (and sometimes the system seems to block extra space that would appear to be available; this may be related to pending/downloading updates), or it's just a time thing and it will take longer for the video to finish it's migration into the photo album. The way iOS makes us do things, we have to render the whole video into our own space, and then ask iOS to make a new copy that gets placed into the photo album, so that takes both extra time and temporarily uses 2x as much space.

If it's something more, then I would venture a guess that it probably has more to do with the version of iOS than the new phone itself, but I can investigate further and see if I can reproduce the problem on any of my iOS devices here...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks for the report. Usually, if it's happening to longer videos but not shorter ones, then it's either due to low storage space (and sometimes the system seems to block extra space that would appear to be available; this may be related to pending/downloading updates), or it's just a time thing and it will take longer for the video to finish it's migration into the photo album. The way iOS makes us do things, we have to render the whole video into our own space, and then ask iOS to make a new copy that gets placed into the photo album, so that takes both extra time and temporarily uses 2x as much space.

If it's something more, then I would venture a guess that it probably has more to do with the version of iOS than the new phone itself, but I can investigate further and see if I can reproduce the problem on any of my iOS devices here...
    Thanks for the response. Phone details below:
    Iphone 8 with 11.3.1
    phone: 41GB of 64GB used
    Trackaddict storage: 26GB
    Camera settings: 720p (30fps) with 208min available
    track sessions trying to render: about 15min long

Should I delete vids in the app to reduce used space?

When attempting a render app shuts down... I have to reopen to try again. Phone does get kinda hot and use much battery when rendering... maybe cannot handle the processing?