Thread: Fan turn on temp LS2

Tuner in Training

Fan turn on temp LS2

So I feel like this is the dumbest question ever, but I'll be damned if I can find where to adjust the fan turn-on/off temp with the car running. I see where it has the setpoints for after shutdown. I also see where I can control the PWM at temperatures starting at about 197. I have an 08 LS2 from a G8 and 160 degree thermostat. Is the turn on/off setpoint hidden somewhere or am I just blind? Right now, the fan is on all the time with the car running. I don't understand that either.

Thanks,
    Derrick

You need a 2 BAR OS to get custom fan control settings.

The stock OS does not have way to change the turn on temp. If the fan is on constantly while running it sounds like a different problem there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    there is no real on/off its all desired% v ECT, i have a 160 stat in my LS2 (2barOS) and have it set up good if u post your tune i can see whats going on, also as mentioned if its on all the time then sounds like something is not right if u have a cooler stat then u shouldnt reach the stock thresholds to enable the fan when driving around
    Last edited by 07GTS; 10-13-2017 at 06:20 PM.