Thread: Caliber tuning?

Advanced Tuner

Caliber tuning?

I've been minimally massaging the caliber srt4 tune but before i assume its capabilities with a stock turbo, what should i realistically shoot for before it's blowing steam past its limits?

I read a bunch going as high as 24 psi with just a set of injectors being upgraded and some say it's unnecessary.

I'm slowly building another engine with dayton sleeves but not sure if that'll enable more boost using factory fueling and turbocharger?

Right now I'm pushing 15 psi and 92 octane. The power is nice, but I'd like to achieve mid 20s psi and still be streetable.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    20psi is were i would stay at or around. I was on ms1k clamped, ms2k, now hp tuners. all tunes have been over 20psi.

Tuner in Training
    also, anything is streetable if you can handle it lol. My last setup of was over 400hp. the new setup im shooting for 600+. If tuned correctly daily street driving should be no different if your running 1psi or 50psi. the point is only under boost is where thing change.

Tuner in Training
    honestly u can push the stock turbo as much as u want till it goes bye bye, i have a stage 3 bws setup on mine and with e85 flowing through my 1000cc injectors at about 79% duty cycle and 24PSI i was a little shy of 490WHP and 500+WTRQ.. i recently took the motor out and have it all apart going to replace all bearings, piston rings and a few bolts and thinking of going with some Darton Sleeves as well. but i dont know if i can have the car sitting for any longer i hate not having my car and asking to use my family members for theres. its a PITA! but if your going for 600WHP id say go all out and do it right the first time. i learned that the hard way being on my second motor. also debating on upgrading the rods or not cuz stock rod bearings are hard to find i cant find any
    08 Caliber SRT-4 E85 Tuned on HPT. 483WHP 507WTRQ 24psi

Advanced Tuner
    92 octane on local gasoline is realistic to what I'll gear the tune for.
    I'd rather change the fuel pump and injectors should it require the change in order to have a stout powerband. Whp of 400 would be about where I'd like to be, but if i have to peak higher numbers just to have a better power curve, I'll bump up as needed.
    Having a few other vehicles achieve 450 whp wasnt really fast. The power came on too late or was just short lived from other limitations. Ended up becoming more hassle then fun... until a ground up fresh restart took place aiming for a couple more hundred hp. The useable power ended up being what i initially peaked at.

So should i aim higher and detune lower? If yes, how much higher?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.