Thread: 4t65e trans slip in turbo regal

Tuner in Training

4t65e trans slip in turbo regal

Hi i have a 2001 buick regal gs with a cartuning turbo kit on it. My problem im having is the trans feels like its slipping or something when you floor it in first gear and then as soon as it shifts the car squaks the tires and feels fine and pulls much harder. What could be causing this. Is there anything in the tune i could change? Is there anything i can monitor to tell me what is going on. Thanks.

Reduce the power you are making and see when it starts to slip but if it's that's bad in 1st you might be out of luck and the slipping is only going to get worse.

No tuning is going to make the clutches come back or make the transmission hold the power. Stock 4T65e are very weak.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Reduce the power you are making and see when it starts to slip but if it's that's bad in 1st you might be out of luck and the slipping is only going to get worse.

No tuning is going to make the clutches come back or make the transmission hold the power. Stock 4T65e are very weak.
    I find it odd though as soon as it shifts the slipping stops

It's not really that odd, 2nd gear might just have more holding power currently.

The different gear ratio of 2nd gear can also change the mechanical advantage inside the transmission and reduce/remove the slipping. 1st gear could just be worn more than 2nd or 3rd and the slip is gone.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.