Thread: Does IAT mess with fueling? Log included! hpt file

Tuner in Training

Does IAT mess with fueling? Log included! hpt file

I was tuning my ls1 at night. IAT about 64 degree F. Wideband reading 12.5 A/F WOT. Next day outside temp 88 degrees F and WOT A/F way lean, like high 13 to 14 A/F ratio.

What table do I need to adjust for this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes it plays a roll in fueling but it shouldn't cause that kind of stuff to happen. Just because the ambient temps and the intake temps went up 20-30 degrees will not make the vehicle run at a whole point leaner on the AFR scale if the airflow tables are tuned correctly.

Just looking at your VE table, it needs a lot of help. Not smooth at all down low and it's just a giant block of 88's and 94's up top with zero slope to it at all.

Make sure you aren't dropping fuel pressure either.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-16-2017 at 07:03 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ya it does. Especially when you have the maf disabled. But I don't think that is what you should be looking at. Why don't you look at your ve table in 3d view so you can see what you have done to it. Then go look at your ignition map the same way. The two of these tables together give me a headache and I can only imagine what they are doing to that poor ecu. Trying to learn such large differences from one cell to the next. How about fixing / smoothing out these tables and then posting up a log or .hpl file along with your tune and complaint?

Tuner in Training
    I know I have a lot of tuning to do in the VE table. I will get a fuel pressure gauge in there.

Thanks for the quick help