Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle issue?

Tuner in Training
    I think I cant compare like i want to because yours is a 3bar SD tune and mine is not.
    Are you running boost?
    Did you change your MAP sensor from the stock one?
    Last edited by chuckntruck; 10-15-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    No boost yet, going to drop a turbo in the spring, so I figured just go with the 3 bar for now...I down think it will negatively effect anything just more cells in certain areas.
    Map is stock one that came on the truck intake. Do you think there might be an issue with the sensor? I have other intakes lying around with map sensors in them.
    Can you look at you ect spark advance table and compare that t mine? It looks strange to me, just wondering what you have? I wonder if I should zero mine out in that top to middle ?

Tuner in Training
    here is my ECT spark base table
    Capture.PNG

But im not sure about the MAP sensor. I dont know if you need a specific 3 bar sensor to run properly or not. I have never messed with boost.

Here is a copy of my most recent tune that runs well with my similar cam if you want to try it.
    14 Oct 17.hpt
    Last edited by chuckntruck; 10-15-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Now that looks normal, thanks Chuck. I will clean mine up tomorrow afternoon and report back.
    Thanks Chuck, much appreciated.
    I will inquire about the Map sensor.

Tuner in Training
    Well Thanks guys, looks like it all fixed I set the Open loop EQ ratio table to 1.00 that did the trick.
    I also checked for vacuum leaks...none.
    Set the top 3 DTC for the Maf to first error.
    Fixed the ETC spark advance table so that timing didn't get pulled, no idea how it got like that??
    I touched up the VE table for a little leaner idle.
    Truck is running good!!
    Thanks guys, I sure appreciate your time.
    Speaking of time, next ... tackle my timing table.