Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 sierra 4 credits?

17 sierra 4 credits?

I see it says 4 credits for a 2017 sierra. Will it stay like that or will it come down to 2 credits?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigo_eff1fitty View Post
    I see it says 4 credits for a 2017 sierra. Will it stay like that or will it come down to 2 credits?
    4 credits to license ecm to edit tune
    $200 to unlock TCM
    4 credits to license tcm to edit tune

$600 for access to 17+ auto trans GM vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    4 credits to license ecm to edit tune
    $200 to unlock TCM
    4 credits to license tcm to edit tune

$600 for access to 17+ auto trans GM vehicles.
    Don't forget about the FPCM too!...
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Soo to tune both engine and trans its 600 dollars?

Advanced Tuner
    I havent tuned a 2017+ yet, but grabbed a Camaro ZL1 file from the repo and with 3.6.26 it's 4 credits to license the E92A ECM and an additional 4 credits to license the T87A TCM. So it's 8 credits to tune this vehicle (and I'm guessing all other 17+ vehicles using these controllers) plus an additional 1 credit to tune the FPCM (if desired). That would be $400 in credits for an automatic, $200 for manual, and $50 for the FPCM.

In my understanding that the reason for the higher cost is HPTuners had to develop an automated licensing process where once 17+ controllers are read, the software has to attempt to read your vehicle, obtain the request key, ping HPTuners for a controller unlock code based on this key, then that unlock code is generated and sent back to your PC. Then you can actually read the controller normally. 2016 and older vehicles do not have this updated security requirement. More info is on the forum in this sticky: 2017 GM Tuning Important Information
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Dang it! Thats alot of cash on a tune compared to older models

Advanced Tuner
    Will this ever come down though?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Um yeah! I have a client with 17, 2015 Yukon Denalis/XLs that all fit under one relatively cheap license a few years ago...then he bought 42, 2017 Yukon Denalis a few months ago. Yes, 42 of them! Imagine the looks on his guys' faces when I told them how much it was going to cost to tune them. One of his managers said to do it anyway but his words don't always lead to full payment..... Think I'll wait for their main boss to confirm. That is a bag I don't want to be left holding. I have written to HPTuners about it a few times and their is no hope for a reduction on this in the foreseeable future

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Um yeah! I have a client with 17, 2015 Yukon Denalis/XLs that all fit under one relatively cheap license a few years ago...then he bought 42, 2017 Yukon Denalis a few months ago. Yes, 42 of them! Imagine the looks on his guys' faces when I told them how much it was going to cost to tune them. One of his managers said to do it anyway but his words don't always lead to full payment..... Think I'll wait for their main boss to confirm. That is a bag I don't want to be left holding. I have written to HPTuners about it a few times and their is no hope for a reduction on this in the foreseeable future
    R&D costs us time & money, as do the servers that need to be pinged to generate the key for each, as does the time it takes to physically unlock the tcm, etc. I don't see the cost coming down anytime soon, if ever.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hi Bill. I still totally prefer HPTuners. No question about that. I just stinks that GM has made this that much harder.

$25K from IARLLC should be a good start on Return On Investment! Go Jeff! I have to agree on the HP Tuners. The best way to tune a GM for certain. Costly, however, a good set of heads and a cam will run you $3000. Add a Trans kit, pay for the install, and things get a little more relevant. The good Pro Tuner shops (most of them on this Forum for sure), supply a nice performance increase for the price you all charge to do it.
    Last edited by Robert C Morgillo; 10-20-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Senior Tuner
    so, what is the 17 was already unlocked? still 400 to do them?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We do not offer a year/model for 2017's, there is a good chance we never will.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Are there any canned tunes on the hompage for these trucks? (2017 sierra denali 6.2)

There are no "canned" tunes with HP Tuners. Nothing you can just download and input directly into your computer. Everything is done by the user(s) for whatever reason they see fit.

Someone might have a stock file you can look at but no magic tune that will just be a plug and play for more power type of thing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok so to tune the 17 with a 6 speed i dont have to pay additional credits to tune the tcm correct?

Advanced Tuner
    Correct, I have my 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (manual only) tuned and it was only for the ECM, there is no TCM to tune on the manual cars.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigo_eff1fitty View Post
    Ok so to tune the 17 with a 6 speed i dont have to pay additional credits to tune the tcm correct?
    Correct. I also have a 2017 with an A6 and no additional credits were needed.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Potential Tuner
    how does one unlock a 2017 sierra 6.2 to be able to read and edit the tune

Read this thread, it was already answered for you in post 5.

But here it is again.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nt-Information
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.