Thread: Using an 03' vortec Computer as a "stand-alone" on a 02' Honda Civic

Potential Tuner

Using an 03' vortec Computer as a "stand-alone" on a 02' Honda Civic

Okay so have to do it a lot of research any kind of stand alone or hondata setup is very pricey I have hptuners already and a spare computer with pigtails. I was wondering if it would be possible to run my my 2002 Honda Civic EX with a d17A -not an A2 with hptuners if I were to delete every other injector and coil. No one has done anything like this or has at least posted about it on the internet does anyone see any potential problems? I would pin thing entirely myself just looking for some input

Sharmz
    a mega squirt is not big money in comparison, this would make more sense then trying to do this, megasquirt will be cheaper if u factor in the support you will need to make something like your suggesting happen, although i have done similar using a JDM Honda pcm (more supported & tune-able) i would say it wasn't worth the time(many hours spent in reveres engineering in IDA). even if you value your time as worthless, 100 dollers in credits is 1/5th the cost of megsqquirt, (and its not 1/5th the solution) if u asked this same question on megasqirt forums you would have already been sent diagrams, and base map, you probably would be running by now. i dont tune hondas anymore, so i dont know forsure, but id look into the possibility of even swapping a a P72 ecu into your chasis, chrome is now a free, and always was great editor.