Thread: ATK HP93 Help with Tune

Potential Tuner

ATK HP93 Help with Tune

I installed the ATK HP93 engine (6.0 with 460hp 480lbs torque) with a TBSS intake and TB into my 2005 Avalanche. I put a 4l80E behind it. I will be replacing the rear with a 9.5 4.10's in the future. The cam in it is Howards .551 intake and exhaust. 114 lobe sep on a 110 center Line. Advertised duration is 269 278 and at .050 216 224. I have the FF injectors and they are plenty for this motor. My issue is, the tune does not feel right. It is sluggish and the fuel mileage sucks. When I had this motor into a Denali XL my interstate wit AWD was almost 18 and in town was 15 with 3.73's With it now being in a 2wd (same transmission just swapped out tail section, I am getting 14 on the interstate and 11.4 in town if I am lucky and keep a very light throttle. I have attached a scan for a good long drive along with the tune. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance
    Update Scaler.hpt
    10192017-4 after changing scaler.hpl

Keep tuning the airflow tables. The fuel trims are pulling 10-16% almost all the time at cruising speeds showing it's too rich still. Work the VE and MAF to dial in the fueling better with a wideband and fuel trims.

Cruising timing is also pretty low around 28-30, you should totally be able to get away with 35-40 or maybe more at freeway speeds. That could help with picking up a mpg or two.

Some of your PE settings could be changed up too if you think it's too sluggish sometimes when you romp on it. Also with the wideband you can dial in the fueling really well and pick up some power if it's running too lean or too rich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hey 2002Denalixl.
    I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get your tune lined out? I'm getting ready to pull the same install. I've got an 05 Avy and I'm dropping in an HP93, but I'm keeping the 4L60E for now. A little apprehensive about the tuning.