Thread: 4L80e shift tables to start from

Tuner in Training

4L80e shift tables to start from

Can anyone share a picture of your 4l80e shift table?

I have 4L80e, GMPP trans controller, 3.73:1, 27 inch tires.

The engine is a LT4 from a 2016 CTSV with 650HP and 650TQ
    The car is a 1970 Chevelle

The current shifting is too quick and I?d like to find a shift table to stat with that?s what you would call sporty, very streetable but sporty.

I don't have anything but you could post what you got and those could be tweaked from where they are now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    baselineshift.png

Here is the baseline shiftpoint as they are now

When you are saying too quick were you meaning like it goes to the next gear sooner than you want or the shift is too hard/quick?

Making it hold gears longer would just mean you increase the mph you wish for it to shift, that will take lots of playing on your part to get it how you want.

If it's shifting too hard you can decrease the actual shift time and shift pressure to make it feel better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    When you are saying too quick were you meaning like it goes to the next gear sooner than you want or the shift is too hard/quick?

Making it hold gears longer would just mean you increase the mph you wish for it to shift, that will take lots of playing on your part to get it how you want.

If it's shifting too hard you can decrease the actual shift time and shift pressure to make it feel better.
    The trans shifts into the next gear too soon, the actual shifts are also slow.

I?d like to see if there are some know good templates that folks are sharing

This is mine with 3:55 gear and 27.5" tire. Not far off from yours. If you want it to stay in gear longer, increase the lower pedal position numbers.
    There is a table for shift time so you can decrease the time available for the trans to shift. Try .250---it might make it shift too hard depending on if it has a shift kit or not. At the track, I run my shift time at 0.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Senior Tuner
    He's using a GMPP transmission controller. Shift time tables are not there. Nor are a lot of other tables that are in an OEM PCM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    He's using a GMPP transmission controller. Shift time tables are not there. Nor are a lot of other tables that are in an OEM PCM.

I do have and can control the line pressure via a solinoid voltage setting. Lowering the voltage increases the line pressure and speeds up the shift.

Thank you for the table. Keep them coming I?d like to see a few.

Senior Tuner
    I'm aware of the tables in a GMPP controller. They are very limited compared to an OEM PCM or TCM. Just change the upshift and downshift MPH settings to what you want it to do. Most if not all 4L80s were used in heavier trucks so any shift tables from those calibration are not going to be considered sporty. Be careful changing the force motor current tables. Those are current values, not voltage. Reducing them too much will cause excessively high internal pressures in the transmission.

If you can't change shift times, maybe you need to get a modified shift kit from somebody like Jakes in TX.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    If you can't change shift times, maybe you need to get a modified shift kit from somebody like Jakes in TX.
    Thank you folks for the updates. I?ve dealt with Jakes Performance in Texas and they don?t stand behind their work. I?d encourage anyone to choose another shop, there are many great choices and they will stand behind their product.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    I'm aware of the tables in a GMPP controller. They are very limited compared to an OEM PCM or TCM. Just change the upshift and downshift MPH settings to what you want it to do. Most if not all 4L80s were used in heavier trucks so any shift tables from those calibration are not going to be considered sporty. Be careful changing the force motor current tables. Those are current values, not voltage. Reducing them too much will cause excessively high internal pressures in the transmission.
    I’m going to make some adjustments to the shift speed versus TPS and lower the current a tiny bit at a time to get then shifting I’m looking for. I’m confident it’s all in the controller and it simply needs to be tweaked. Getting these pictures of your guys shift tables is very helpful.