Thread: copperhead "map" reading

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

copperhead "map" reading

2 things
    1. From what I can tell these vehicles don't use a map sensor, I guess its just like inferred map?
    2. What is the limit that it will accurately tell you what readings you would be getting?

The reason I ask number 2 is that I'll be installing a supercharger soon and I'm wondering if I'll need a boost gauge right away. If its something I can accurately log I can at least wait a few weeks.

TIA
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    2 things
    1. From what I can tell these vehicles don't use a map sensor, I guess its just like inferred map?
    2. What is the limit that it will accurately tell you what readings you would be getting?

The reason I ask number 2 is that I'll be installing a supercharger soon and I'm wondering if I'll need a boost gauge right away. If its something I can accurately log I can at least wait a few weeks.

TIA
    Few different answers for this one, but you can go with out a boss gauge for the life of the blower install and not run into issues when it comes to tuning...and yes, it's a inferred MAP, raise the max MAP to max. Depending on the kit you use the stock Roush file would make a good base

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah but is it accurate? I've seen a few logs done on a copperhead where they say they were running 10psi but according to the log hit 15psi so I'm wondering how accurate this pid actually is. Non accurate would mean its virtually worthless to me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Doesn't the GT500 copperhead ECM take an actual MAP or supercharger inlet pressure reading? If so maybe we could get a live map reading using those input pins through the logger by enabling it. If the scaling for the sensor could be found then maybe it could also be re-scaled for a 2-3bar sensor similar to the GM stuff. Same goes for the fuel pressure sensor input on the GT500s
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 10-22-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Doesn't the GT500 copperhead ECM take an actual MAP or supercharger inlet pressure reading? If so maybe we could get a live map reading using those input pins through the logger by enabling it. If the scaling for the sensor could be found then maybe it could also be re-scaled for a 2-3bar sensor similar to the GM stuff. Same goes for the fuel pressure sensor input on the GT500s
    I have thought of this before. Could probably even change some code to make the Coyote actually reference a fuel pressure sensor for corrections instead of the table where you input fuel pressure