Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 f250 tune for trans and engine

2005 f250 tune for trans and engine

I'm new to the ford and diesel world, and have been searching to no avail on how or what to tune in this transmission to make it last behind a 400hp tune on the engine. Truck runs great, just want to ensure my transmission is going to hold up. Thanks in advance for any help!

Guess it's going to be a while before anyone cares to file share or give directing since its so new here?

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I deleted my old tunes. My sct pull is all messed up so it's not worth looking at. I have not played with transmission.

stock trans tune will hold 400hp all day long, even towing...lighten up the torque management tables for firmer shifts and enjoy!

I downloaded the 423hp tune from the repository, seems to pull good, just want to make sure the trans tune is good for it. I made a few adjustments, seems to shift good and firm.

Turn on hot lock for 2nd-6th. It'll help.

I'll look into that, thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    Turn on hot lock for 2nd-6th. It'll help.
    could you go into a little more detail on what to change here? curious to know more and determine if it would be worth messing with, tried to copy a tune from a tow tune that has been shared around a lot on here and the transmission shifted like absolute garbage, i but it back to stock after less than a mile in fear of it shifting so hard the transcase would fall out! only tuned ECM and truck so far has been doing everything I could think I need.
    "Negative GhostRider the pattern is full"

2006 Amarillo 6.0 PSD ccsb SuperDuty
    1987 IROC-Z Camaro--currently undergoing massive but slow build

Tuner in Training
    The hot lock tricks the tcm into locking the torque converter in lower gears... with a diesel and a locked converter...you don't have any slip which will bring down egt and dri e pressures for the turbo and boot will be higher netting more usable power being its a one to one ratio scenario with a locked converter. I don't have any track times yet with it being I am just now experimenting with the trans side of the tune

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxSwap0613 View Post
    The hot lock tricks the tcm into locking the torque converter in lower gears... with a diesel and a locked converter...you don't have any slip which will bring down egt and dri e pressures for the turbo and boot will be higher netting more usable power being its a one to one ratio scenario with a locked converter. I don't have any track times yet with it being I am just now experimenting with the trans side of the tune
    can you share a tune i can compare to so I can teach myself how to get it to force lock up smoothly in the lower gears? Doesn't tow/haul mode do this to some degree along with holding the shift to a higher speed/rpm based on throttle input? I'm learning a ton from you!
    "Negative GhostRider the pattern is full"

2006 Amarillo 6.0 PSD ccsb SuperDuty
    1987 IROC-Z Camaro--currently undergoing massive but slow build

The hot lock should be in the beta. Just pm eric.

So, I see the hot lock tables, do I lower the temps? And if so, how far? I don't want to screw this up.. Tia

Should I increase the line pressures in this trans running the hotter tune? In my gm cars and trucks,I did all that in the valve body, but I really don't want to tear into this one just yet.

You don't have to bump it up if you don't want to. Most people say stock line pressures and shifts should work for up to 400ish. The hotlock you just drop the temp down to something like 180 in the gears you want it to lockup under full throttle. You want the trans warmed up and engine before you start terrorising the neighbours.

Lol.

So in my quest for more power, because I think my tune might be weak sauce, I hooked up my fuel pressure gauge today to find my pressure at idle to be 45, at wot 28!!! Blue spring and fuel pump have been ordered. Hope these 2 things prove to be the reason my truck just barely keeps up with my brothers bone stock 06 tundra 4.7...

Time for a fuel pump or fuel system. Holy shit that's low. I highly doubt it's just a blue spring man.

That's why I ordered a pump too.

Ohh duhh. I didn't catch that. Sorry. Ohh another thing. Pull your pickup in the tank. The strainers love to clog with shit.

was the spring, and the valve behind it, rubber gasket on it was torn, bypassing fuel I imagine.