Thread: How to Tell Real from Ghost KR on LNF?

How to Tell Real from Ghost KR on LNF?

Hey! Still working on getting rid of the apparently common KR on the LNF (Redline/GXP) at light load 30-100 (0-215 scale), low rpm 1500-3000. I've read through every thread on here I could find on the subject and tried many. Thought I had it solved, then did a log on some steeper hills and it was back.

Front sensor (1+2) is clocked at 9. I can't see the rear one from under or above the engine. It's so dense with stuff, I don't see how anyone was able to get in there and move those sensors around at all. I couldn't even get my hand in there to feel for the rear sensor position.

Anyway, I added Cylinder logging to get a better idea of what was going on. Turns out almost all of my knock is being reported on #2 only. Usually around 1.5, but occasionally hitting 3.7. Is this real or ghost? I would think real knock would show up on some of the other cylinders at the same time, if it was fueling or timing. Usually though it is just #2.

Super low mileage car with no issues, so I can't see it being a bad plug or carbon build up. However, I will probably pull the plug just to be sure. 91 octane only here with no E around.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by npaz; 10-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.