Thread: 6.0 with 6.2 tune

6.0 with 6.2 tune

I swapped a 2012 6.0 into a 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler about 1 1/2 years ago and have been "messing" with the tune. Adjusted the Maf and have been trying to do the vve and struggling.

As stated it is a 2012 6.0/6L80e using a 2010 E38 ecm with the 6.2 tune. Jeep drives fine, shifts fine just wanted to clean things up. But I am wondering about the 6.0 using the 6.2 tune.

Can that be dialed in or would it be best to do some swapping of tunes from a 6.0 and work with that. As of now this is just kind of a generic question to see which direction to go. Keep tuning or start over with some things.

Like I stated, only thing I have messed with is maf, vve and a little with when pe comes in.

Still really learning, got motowns introduction (waiting for his updates to drop for Gen IV) and doing a lot of other reading and some trial and error.

Thanks for any guidance.

For sure some tables from the 6.0 wouldn't be the same for a 6.2 so there would be some thing you'd want to make sure are correct for the engine you are working. As a starting point anyway.

Like VVE tables, you want to use stock 6.0 data. Injector data, idle airflow tables, timing tables, VVT settings perhaps if you are using VVT. Likely much of the other little piddly stuff won't even matter as the engines aren't that different displacement wise.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks 5FDP. Looks like some changes are in order, then a start over. It was just one of those thoughts that kept nagging at me that it would probably work to start with the 6.2 tune and tune it but it is taking a lot and not really getting there.

Okay. looking at do some of the changes suggested.

VVE table in 6.0 is labeled with MAP - baro, 6.2 is labeled with MAF absolute pressure. RPM's are the same how do I go about chaging this table? not finding anything out there.

Also when looking at tunes will it matter if one has an E38 and the other is a E78 ecm?
    Last edited by kansasjk; 10-24-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Use a 2010 Silverado 2500 6.0 file.

The axis are the same in the VVE editor. You should be able to copy over the whole table.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks again! There is a pretty good difference in the vve tables.

5FDP, again thank you for your help.

I got the vve tables copied over and I changed anything under the fuel injectors that was different using the compare files.

If you don't mind could you go into more description on these, idle airflow tables, timing tables, VVT settings?

Still very green with this and just want to make sure I am right or not change the wrong things.

I was talking about table like base running airflow, start up airflow and table like those in the idle tab. There is a difference in them between engines.

Timing tables are the high and low octane tables, some of the idle spark advanced tables are slightly different too.

Great! Once again, thank you.