Thread: 2012 Raptor 6.2l custom turbo tuning

Tuner in Training

2012 Raptor 6.2l custom turbo tuning

Ok, so Im assisting a guy with tuning his 2012 Raptor that he made a custom turbo kit for, hopefully one that will be hitting the market over the next month... Anyways, we have a 3 and 4 bar MAP we would like to install; however, where can we install it and to what do we wire it too so the pcm can see It? In the latest beta release under Engine/Airflow/General/ there is an option for "MAP Installed." I've reached out to support to see what exactly this option does with no such luck of viable information in return. We connected the MAF sensor right on the outlet of the intercooler.

So, my question is this, does the MAF need to go to the turbo inlet? And does the MAP Installed option allow for replacing the MAF all together? If not, then please advise as to its actual function. Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Maf on outlet of ic is how hellion and some sc companies do it as far as adding map not sure.....I believe on the mustangs at least, the map is “virtual “. And essentially not needed . Tuning this truck sd is not the way to go I don’t believe......some one please jump in and confirm or deny my suspicions and help this guy out please
    Also ic outlet diameter vs stock maf diameter is likely where u need to start. Most likely meter is completely scaled wrong and getting it dialed in would be step 1

Tuner
    I have a turbo Mustang and the MAF is on the tube between the TB and intercooler outlet. That way it registers correct IAT as well. You don't need a MAP, just make sure everything in the tune is scaled for extra airflow, including the MAF