Thread: Help with injector swap

Tuner in Training

Help with injector swap

My 66 c10 is now 5.3 swapped, procharged and thought I could use some bigger injectors, wondering if someone could give me a hand, learning tuner here, don't make too much fun of me please lol
    Not sure what to do with the data that came with the injectors.
    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

What injectors did you buy?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ev1 60lb injectors off ebay

The minimum mandatory here is updating your injector flowrate vs. kpa table. You will find this under engine > fuel > general. There is a fuel injector calculator in the unit conversion window under tools if you need to resolve the difference in flowrate at 43 or 58psi. And when In doubt you can always search through the host of instructional short videos posted on youtube by the tuning school. You might get lucky and find a walkthrough of what you need there.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, I thought that's the table I needed to work on, just wasn't sure.. This is the paperwork that came with them.
    http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...pskuytkwrr.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help guys, unfortunately Im still at a loss.. I'm either second guessing myself too much or the data sheet the seller supplied has the wrong data..

Being cheap ebay injectors the data is likely wrong anyway. Post what they gave you anyway.

At the minimum change the injector flow rate table for the new size, like said above figure out what they sold them at. Either 43.5 or 58psi, you'll need to input the 58psi information.

Or sell/return them and buy quality injectors with proper data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    They're 60lb injectors, injector number one =static flow of 625cc 5ms@6krpm = 181, 2.5ms@6krpm=101
    Static flow tested @43.5psi for 60 seconds duty cycles 50 and 25 percent, impedance @12.0-12.2 ohms

Tuner in Training
    I tried to post a link to a pic of the data sheet but I'm assuming it won't let me because I'm new

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    use the advanced post feature. then select attachment and upload the pictures to your post through the attachment manager.
    this is also how you load tune files and scanner logs.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the late reply guys, i've been extremely busy.
    this is the data sheet i received with them. if you could help me figure out what to do id greatly appreciate it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is why I constantly preach to make sure you buy injectors with valid data from companies like ID, Fuel Injection Connection, Detschwerks etc. First off the IFR is at 43.5 psi fuel pressure so you will need to convert to the GM 59 psi. Use EC Tunes calculator floating around. Here is a copy that I have used/modified a bit to correct a calculation.

As far as the rest of the data. I would recommend verifying the operation (idle/tip in) using the orignal injectors. Collect all applicable data, and then put the new injectors in. Update the IFR per the attached and then using the stock data for the other parameters, work the tables to try and match the idle/tipin and lmedium cruise. The SPA is used to adjust for the non-linearity of the injector in low pulsewidth application usually under 4 ms (idle). The offset is a correction factor (ms) to compensate for electro/mechanical effects based on injector voltage and intake pressure.

You could also have them flow tested for offset values and IFR.

Or you might get lucky and someone has already done the heavy lifting....

Sorry no better approach from this camp..:-(

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]