Thread: Question 'bout Tranny Tuning

Question 'bout Tranny Tuning

I have a 2003 S-10 with a 4L60 4 speed automatic transmission that downshifts really hard in to 2nd gear when going around a corned, unless I allow the truck to slow way down and in that event it shifts OK. The guy that tuned the truck did good otherwise, but he's not in my area anymore.

So, I also have a '09 Chevy Colorado with a 4L60 4 speed automatic transmission that has been tuned and it shifts good when it goes down to 2nd gear so I don't have to slow way down to prevent a hard downshift.

My question is... couldn't I just take the settings from the Colorado truck and use them on the S-10 since they both have the same transmission and it's just shift points?

Or, is this one of those times when I just need to experiment and if it causes adverse activity return the S-10 back to it's previous settings?

Tuner in Training
    I haven't messed with a Colorado but I've done several S-10's. I would assume the OS's between the 2 are completely different so you couldn't use data from either. I'd look at your downshift pressure modifier and brake shift pressure tables in the shift pressure section. Depending on how they're set that could solve all of your problems. I have a few stock files if you need one for stock settings to start over and do it your way.
    1999 Camaro SS #1601

1998 Z28 M6 cam/heads/bolt ons/9"

OK, thanks... I still have the stock file for the S10 so I can just return it to stock...